DVD Studio Pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 30th, 2007, 11:20 AM   #1
Major Player

DVD Studio Pro

How do you tell set it up so that when the user hits the title button on their remote control it takes them to the sub menu page?
Paul Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

As far as I know, you can only change the menu button settings. The title button will always go to the title menu.

To change the menu button, select the desired asset, and in the information window find the remote control section. For video assets it is usually under the general tab, and slideshows it is under the advanced tab.

Now, there is a list of buttons with drop down menus beside them. Simply change the menu drop down to the submenu you desire. You can really change any of those buttons to do what you want. So you can hide easter eggs and such. You can also really screw up a project if the buttons are changed too much. By that I mean playing with the chapter skip buttons to make them jump to a slideshow, or something like that.

If you are still confused I usually consult the user manual. DVD Studio pro has a pretty good one built in.
Tyler Schlombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 10:15 AM   #3
Major Player

Paul,

Have you tried the obvious thing - namely, make an assignment under "Title" in the Disc Setting? (See section "Remote Control Buttons" in the manual, page 609/chapter 17). If that doesn't work as you expect, what happens instead?

- Martin
Old February 15th, 2008, 03:08 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Martin, your right.

You can change the title settings. I always had an asset selected. If you don't, there is information and settings for the whole disc in that window. Good to know.
Tyler Schlombs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring