Print own DVD labels or outsource? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 29th, 2008, 10:05 PM   #16
Inner Circle

I've had good luck with my Epson R200, 500+ dvds without a problem. I out source when I need more than 50. I've always wanted one of those automated machines that can print and burn, but I can't swallow the $1,500+ cost.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 01:40 PM   #17
Trustee

I have an HP C5230 All-in-One printer/copier/disk printer that handles my needs. Prints disks fed in singly at about 1 minute or so each and they look great.

I rarely need to do more than 4 or 5 at a time.

I also have an external LightScribe drive and that looks good as a monotone way to do it. Takes 22 or so minutes per copy but on occasion I do it that way.

My primary need is for DVD's from material I produce as a reference for the Defensive Handgun training I conduct.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 06:22 PM   #18
Trustee

Can't speak to the Canon printers as I've never seen one print on optical media. I've had two Epson printers that would print directly on media. Can't remember the model number on the old one but the new one is a 595. Great quality but the images are a little flat on the Verbatim.

To the person who has occasional streaks with the Epson, that's a problem with your unit. You've probably got a leak somewhere inside. You can try and fix it or just get a new one. If it's still under warranty, send it back. Life's too short to endure defective gear. It'll just make you crazy.

If a new 200 costs about $80, if you ruin four BD disks with streaks, you've just paid for the printer in coasters.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 07:27 AM   #19
Major Player

If you have issues with smearing or want a glossy look, check out the Water Shield DVDs. I use those with great success :)
Old September 1st, 2008, 10:47 AM   #20
Major Player

Good point. I shook the cartridges individually, and it has worked fine since.

BTW, Lightscribe DVDs flake out over time. My archived Lightscribes are a mess.
Old October 1st, 2008, 07:23 PM   #21
Major Player

Laserjet that prints onto DVDs?

After burning a few more, we're back to fading in/fading out. I'm freaked out at the thought of printing Blu-Ray. This is the most inconsistant printer that I've ever had.

Is there a laserjet that prints onto DVDs? I don't care if it's black and white. No more coasters!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring