DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVD Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/)
-   -   DVDSP 2 Questions about audio tracks (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/14861-dvdsp-2-questions-about-audio-tracks.html)

Heath McKnight September 22nd, 2003 11:42 PM

DVDSP 2 Questions about audio tracks

In DVD Studio Pro 2, there is a default Video and 2 audio tracks. Do I put my movie audio in both tracks, or just one? How do I finagle the whole alternate director's commentary track?

Thanks,

heath

Jake Russell September 23rd, 2003 08:36 AM

Ummm yes kinda.

DVDSP is not like FCPro, meaning that A1+2 is not a stereo stream. A1 is one audio track, A2 is another, A3 is another and so on....

You will need audio in A1 which will probably come in when you drag your footage into V1. And then you'll need to drag your commentary AC-3 audio in A2 and that will be your alternate audio done.

V1=your main feature.
A1=your normal audio stream.
A2=your commentary audio stream.

It's all in the manual though and I'd say do some of the tuts,

Good luck,

Jake

Heath McKnight September 23rd, 2003 10:17 AM

Man, I'm bad with those manuals. I usually buy a quickstart guide (a friend of a friend wrote the Premiere one and my first friend, Grant, is featured through out--a former video project by the author turned instructional guide).

Now, will it automatically know audio 2 is alternate commentary and not play it regular? I'll do the tutorials tonight.

THANKS,

heath

Michael Westphal September 24th, 2003 08:07 PM

Heath,

DVDSP doesn't automatically know what any audio track is. Any track could be an alternate language, or 5.1 audio, or stereo as easily as a commentary.
It's up to you to provide a method for the viewer to select which track to listen to. But most players can also select the alternate audio tracks with their remote if you haven't explicitly excluded that feature.

Yep it's all in the manual. I haven't seen a good quickstart guide for version 2 yet.

Heath McKnight September 24th, 2003 08:44 PM

I just need to figure out how to indicate that. Trying to find it easily in the manual isn't that.

heath

Jake Russell September 25th, 2003 02:51 AM

I never said it would automatically select the different tracks just that it would probably know that V1 & A1 belonged together and would come in at the same time(if file names match eg. file.m2v, file.AC-3).

But I didn't also think for one second think that someone would think it would without having to select these options and attach them to a button etc for menu selection.

It wont randomly select audio track either though. If you had one button and it played file.m2v(V1) then it would have file.AC-3(A1) play all the time unless you told it otherwise. You wouldn't get file2.AC-3(A2) sometimes and file.AC-3(A1) other times. You wouldn't get file2.AC-3(A2) until you press the audio key as mentioned, in this example.

Jake