Three new questions, some comments, but I'm going good so far... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 30th, 2003, 11:30 PM   #1
MPS Digital Studios

Three new questions, some comments, but I'm going good so far...

Things seem to be going well right now; I'm still figuring out how to make buttons change colors, because they are Photoshop files with the buttons already put on the menu my friend made. I just created a little box within the already-made buttons (which became Button 1, 2, etc.) and connected them to the proper place. Don't know if that will work or not...

Here are my three questions:

1. I'm still trying to figure out the main menu movie...I have a 13.5 second movie that has a "bubble" flying around with video in it, then ending next to the main menu selections. Then it goes to black. I can't still it properly, but I do have the Photoshop still of the main menu...How do I put that on the end of the movie, so it doesn't go to black and I can activate the pre-made buttons?

2. The director's commentary...I assigned the movie's audio track to English... The movie's audio is on Audio Track 1, the director's commentary is on Audio Track 2. This is a two-part question, actually.

2a. What language do I set the director's commentary to? English as well?

2b. How do I trigger the button for the audio commentary (in Audio Track 2) to run when people hit the Commentary On Button in the Commentary Menu? I only want that and the movie's video to run when they hit on.

3. When you put in a DVD, you get these seperate things (chapters?):

-FBI Warning
-Interpol Warning
-Warning of commentary/doesn't express the views of the studio.

How do I set that up (I'll put a generic warning up) before it goes into my animated main menu? Also, can that animated main menu be on a track or in the Main Menu itself? My theory is all of that stuff needs to be on one track and right after the track, it will go to a stilled version of the main menu located in the Main Menu thing. Is that right?

Thanx,

heath
Old October 1st, 2003, 12:15 AM   #2
MPS Digital Studios

Wait, I figured out the main menu intro thing I asked in question 3.

I made a new track called Menu Intro Track, set it to start first and end on the Main Menu.

BUT!--

Can I stop the black between the track and the main menu? Because the menu movie ends the same as the main menu, they look alike. If not, I'll just do a fade out on the movie.

heath
Old October 6th, 2003, 06:31 AM   #3
RED Code Chef

If you commentary is in english, then yes, set it to english. I'm
not sure if your application supports it but I think the DVD spec
also allows it to be set to COMMENTARY.

Those warning screen BEFORE you enter a menu are usually
done in the pre-command of the first play PGC. If you want
such a screen in front of your movie you should be able to just
put it in front of the timeline and have it jump to your movie
after it is done (seamlessly).

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring