DVD Dupes with M-Tech/Wytron duper at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old November 19th, 2003, 12:47 PM   #1
Tourist

DVD Dupes with M-Tech/Wytron duper

Hi
Any one out there working with the M-Tech branded Wytron Technologies DVD duplicators?

I can dupe a DVD mastered by one of my suppliers, but the DVD's I'm burning through the following workflow will only work on PC's and Mac's, but not my (new) DVD(TV) player.

Workflow:
From Input: SonyDSR25 (PAL Source tape)>Avid XPro (>)Quicktime Reference file>Canopus ProCoder (MPEG2 master quality/PAL)>Sonic ReelDVD>Pioneer 104 (x4 speed firmware upgraded)

IBM Intellistation (P4, loads of memory, 280Gb hard drive -turnkey from AVID, so I don't suspect it!).

Thanks in advance
Old November 20th, 2003, 06:28 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi John.

When you say the DVD you burned doesn't work on the player, what realy happens? DVD not recognised by the player or it starts to play but with stutter?

Using a max bitrate of 7000 for video, AC3 for audio, recording at 1x speed, no paper label on DVD, with ReelDVD and name brand media, on a new player, it should work.

Best regards,
Arnaldo
Arnaldo Paixao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2003, 07:00 AM   #3
Tourist

Hi Arnaldo

Yes, it recognises the Disk but it stutters and jumps around.

I've spent three days working this through the workflow backwards from the M-Tech, back to the original Avid produced files. And I had no luck.

Today, for the sake of my fast ailing sanity, I burned another copy of the supplier mastered DVD, the one that duped ok before and guess what? It started to stutter and jump like the others, not as badly, some were so bad that it just reported "No Disk"

I am now assuming a degrading fault in the M-Tech, and am about to whisk it back to the suppliers (who have all along said they have never had any problems with disks playing -but failed to mention that it could be a freak M-Tech problem in my case, and not a media/burn/encode issue)

So here goes nothing.

Do you run a Wytron/M-tech duplicator?

cheers
John
Old November 20th, 2003, 08:43 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi John.

"Do you run a Wytron/M-tech duplicator?" --> No. Althouh I burn a lot of DVDs, its lots of jobs with 2 to 3 copies per job (weddings).

If I understood correctly your workflow and what you are trying to accomplish, I would:

- Play the DVD master in the player and see if its OK.
- Using NERO Burning Rom in Image Recorder, produce an Image File of the Master DVD.
- Burn to DVD-R the Image File at 1x speed.

If that solves your problem, I would start to box the duplicator...

Best regards,
Arnaldo
Arnaldo Paixao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2003, 10:18 AM   #5
Tourist

I already tried what you suggest, still no go!

M-Tech just went back to the suppliers!

John

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring