dvd dockable recorder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 25th, 2002, 01:37 AM   #1
Contributor

dvd dockable recorder

Hi Friends

the hitachi company have developed a 1 hour dvd dockable recorder (4.7 GB, 12cm disk), and show it at nab 2002

i find it at

http://www.hdal.com/corporate/bios/2002-04-08_1.html

someone know something abouth the image quality?

Francesco
Francesco Marano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2002, 07:00 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

I saw it at NAB. It was a non-working model, under a glass case. It's a one-piece camcorder but it does take standard 1/2" Canon or Fujinon broadcast video lenses. No way to tell about image quality, I'm sure it's good. The question really is, how reliable is field DVD recording going to be?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2002, 08:13 AM   #3
Contributor

dvd

Several years ago I saw a demo for something that I believe was called an edit cam that recorded in mpeg onto an optical disk. The demo had a camera hooked up to a deck that was on a paint can shaker and they shook the daylights out of the thing for 30 seconds and the footage still played back flawlessly so I would imagine that they have found a way to make this dvd recorder rock solid. Sounds like a great advancement that we have been looking forward to, but may now be overshadowed by hard disk recorders that can be hooked directy up to an edit system via firewire and I expect these units will get much more compact and useful in the field.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring