Recomendations for DVD media? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old January 6th, 2004, 03:50 PM   #1
New Boot

Recomendations for DVD media?

New to DVD burning and am looking for quality printable 4x DVD-R media. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old January 6th, 2004, 04:11 PM   #2
Major Player

Maxell inkjet printable 4x DVD-R's. Buy them in bulk. Never ever had a single problem with them.
Rob Easler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2004, 10:10 AM   #3
New Boot

I checked pricing on the Maxell's, they are considerably higher than many of the other 4X printables(adds up if you need very many). Are the differences between them that great?

I see that the printables are available in gloss white and matte white. Does one take ink better than the other? Thanks.
Old January 8th, 2004, 10:31 AM   #4
Major Player

Well that's just my reccomendation. I think most will say that the no name brands are less reliable so you can take your chances. I stick to what I know works for me. I'm sure someone can advise about a media they use that is cheaper and reliable based on their own research and experience. This topic is much debated so if you dont get the ansers you want here so a search both here on this forum and possibly on dvdrhelp.com
Rob Easler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2004, 10:53 AM   #5
New Boot

I think your experiance is a good place to start. I plan to try out a few different discs, if I get any "keepers" I 'll pass it on.
Old January 8th, 2004, 11:49 AM   #6
Trustee

The MOST IMPORTANT thing here is to check with the documentation of your specific drive. Different drives are known to work better or worse with specific brands. For example, my Plextor names a few that work with its 8x +R burning, one of which is Verbatim, and another the Maxell. But that doesn't necessarily mean either Verbatim or Maxell is good for every burner out there.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2004, 12:03 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I am very fond of the Ritek G04 DVD-R blanks. Over the past year I have burned nearly 400 of them at 4X without a single coaster (well, okay, I've made two coasters, but they were my fault). Ritek is a very big name in the DVD-R business and many people on other web boards swear by them.

At www.meritline.com you can get blank G04 disks for under $1 each in bulk; the white versions go for about $1.25 in bulk. Free shipping.
Richard Iredale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring