DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVD Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/)
-   -   HELP with dvd burning (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/21383-help-dvd-burning.html)

Steve Olds February 15th, 2004 10:56 AM

HELP with dvd burning

OK here we go again. I have in stalled a belkin 3 port pci card into my computer. With a 4 pin to 6 pin firewire belkin dv cable. Now i get a message that "no valid video capture device is detected. So now what settings do i need from my GL2 if any?

Jeff Donald February 15th, 2004 11:27 AM

What software are you using for video capture?

Steve Olds February 15th, 2004 01:45 PM

Sonic My DVD that came with my sony dru510a. I'am not sure that the driver downloaded for the Belkin pci card that I installed. The pci card came with out a cd to load a driver. I use windows xp home and it should have found a driver for it. Sent an email to belkin with out a reply yet. Thanks

Jeff Donald February 15th, 2004 03:01 PM

Are you trying to transfer DV directly to your DVD burner?

Steve Olds February 15th, 2004 04:35 PM

Yes I can or atleast the program will let you burn direct from camera to dvd. So I can go from the dv in/out on camera to the firewire port on the pci card I just installed. New dv cable and new firewire pci card.

Jeff Donald February 15th, 2004 04:56 PM

The Sony dru510a is not on Sonic's approved hardware list. It's always possible that the list is not up to date. What OS are you using?

Steve Olds February 15th, 2004 08:27 PM

Using xp home. Sonic mydvd came with the Sony dvd burner on a disc. I also tried a new dv cable so I do not think I would have 2 bad ones in a row. I also reinstalled the sonic program.

Jeff Donald February 15th, 2004 08:32 PM

Just because it came with the DVD burner, doesn't mean it supports all the functions. If you go to Sonic's site, you'll see that your burner is not listed in the supported hardware. It's possible that the list has not been updated, it's possible that your drive is not supported. I would contact Sonic for assistance also.

Emmet Lucey February 16th, 2004 12:46 AM

I have a belkin card and it was a bit funky at the begnning .....

i remember i ended up deleting / reinstalling the ethernett driver / generic host controller drivers that came with my pc, right from the pc recovery disk, and that solved whatever was going on.

however, i am testing out a quickstream drive and it does not recharge though the belkin 6 pin. does anyone know if the belkin 6 pin on the pcmia laptop card is powered / hot?

Jeff Donald February 16th, 2004 10:41 AM

I don't believe laptop cards can supply voltage for charging etc. I know they won't power hard drives. I don’t believe it part of the PCMCIA specifications.

Emmet Lucey February 16th, 2004 10:54 AM

Ok, thanks 4 the info jeff.

Steve Olds February 16th, 2004 12:44 PM

Jeff and Emmet,
Since this being a holiday here Monday I can not get an answer from anyone at Belkin or Sonic so..... I removed the pci firewire card from the slot I installed it in. As Windows did no detect it when I restarted my system after I installed the frist time. Start and restart untill blue in the face.

Now that I moved the pci card to another slot and restarted my system back up, now windows finds the new hardware! I guess maybe there is something wrong with the card slot or something I don't know????

So after all this I can now burn a dvd direct from my Canon GL2 to the dvd. So thank you for all the help over the last day or so.

Steve

Emmet Lucey February 16th, 2004 03:29 PM

good!

basic law of pc aggrevation - that which does not kill you makes you stronger! :-)

Steve Olds February 17th, 2004 08:02 AM

So now that I have fixed this problem does that make me a computer GEEK or just lucky? Or do I have to face more Woes in DV land?

Marcia Janine Galles February 17th, 2004 11:51 AM

"Or?" Steve, what makes you think it isn't all of the above? ;-)