What the heck?! DVDA layoff glitch... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old February 21st, 2004, 11:12 PM   #16
Major Player

Fine question, actually. Thing is, I brought it in, cut in, and rendered it out to, mpeg (from Vegas) using the DVDA 24p setting, but once in DVDA the only properties/options I'm finding available under the file menu for the project are NTSC widescreen or not, and PAL widescreen or not. If you can tell me how to get my DVDA timeline to be/count in 24p I'd very happy to. I figured that since I didn't see the option available, and the manual doesn't say anything about it, the program worked some magical conversion in the background. Gremlins. I dunno. Lots of things leave me wondering. Heck, I never understood how LP's worked. ;-)

(Which still leaves me in the dark as to which I frame(s) to count... 00/12 vs ?)
Marcia Janine Galles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 01:07 PM   #17
Sponsor: JET DV

I suppose it would be the "from project" option in the optimize screen.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2004, 08:07 AM   #18
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Mike Costantini : it lets you put in your chapter points b4 the mepg is encoded. In doing so, it makes your chapter points I-Frames for the precision we all require =)

Mike -->>>

Vegas+DVD does this as well. It allows you to make markers on your Vegas timeline and when encoding to MP2 you can check a box that states "create chapter points out of markers". I'm not sure if it automatically enodes these points as I-frames but I've never had any discrepency with chapter point timing.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2004, 08:44 AM   #19
Major Player

Hi Marcia.

I do weddings and deliver them in DVD, and believe me, I had the exact same problem in the beggining.

My experience with it tells me to:

- Set the chapter markers at least 1 or 2 seconds before the event that defines that chapter (i.e: donīt put your marker just before the father raises the glass, put it before, when people are still aplauding, silence or whatever). If you put it too close to the event, you risk having the chapter mark after the point you want.

- Burn to a rewritable first.

Best regards,
Arnaldo
Arnaldo Paixao is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring