Compressed Audio & Encore cs3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:40 AM   #1
Tourist

Compressed Audio & Encore cs3

Does anyone know of any tricks for saving DVD space by compressing a time line's audio file instead of lowering the bit-rate of the video? I'm using Adobe Encore CS3, and the project has two time lines.... In order for them to fit onto the 4.7GB disc, I've had to considerably lower the .m2v files bit-rate during the encode and don't want to..... Is .WAV the only format I can use for DVD authoring, I'd like to compress the 700mb .WAV file and free up room for better video quality.... But Encore doesn't seem to support an mpeg1 audio file... Is there another format I can use that will work with Encore?

I'm experimenting right now but thought I'd post the question in case someone has come across this dilemma before and has an answer..

Thank you
Ben
Benjamin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 10:05 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I'm not familiar with Encore, but, perhaps stupidly, I'm going to answer anyways...

The compressed audio file format that may be available to you that the DVD standard supports is AC3 (aka. Dolby Digital). Maybe CS3 will let you do it in one of the apps.
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #3
Trustee

I use a 3rd party app for transcoding now but as I recall you should be able to import a wav file audio track into Encore and transcode it to Dolby Digital. Look at your transcode settings and play around with them. A 700MB audio track is huge. You can do much better than that.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring