Photo Slideshow DVD authoring program? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old July 12th, 2004, 02:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Photo Slideshow DVD authoring program?

Ive been doing wedding and graduation slideshows using premiere for a while, and it works OK, its alot of work to transition each image, add motion to each picture, then sync the images to the music.

anyways, i was wondering if there were any programs out there that would allow me to easily load my images into a timeline of some sort, rearrange them and add certain transitions between the images.

2nd part of my question is, are there any programs out there that will enable me to put together an "interactive" photo gallery that will let me use my dvd remote to toggle between images, go back to an index page, etc.

haha...id be surprised and very happy if there was a program out there that could do this for me!

any suggestions, let me know!! thanks in advance!
Old July 12th, 2004, 07:36 AM   #2
Trustee

John,

Have you used the storyboard feature in Premiere. That might get you part of the way there.

Regards,

Mark
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2004, 09:19 AM   #3
Wrangler

Hi John,

Any DVD authoring software should allow you to import JPG/TGA/BMP files to create a slideshow on DVD. This will then allow you to use your DVD remote to navigate the images etc

I use Reel DVD from Sonic, it it has this feature, amongst many others.

As for the auto transition thing, Mark hit it on the head. Use the storyboard feature in Premiere.

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2004, 11:23 AM   #4
Regular Crew

hey guys, thanks for the quick replies.

ive used the story board feature, and it works pretty good. i mean, actually, the transitions arent really that important for me. a simple cross fade, or cut would be ok.

my priority would be finding a software that will allow me to burn an entire folder of images onto dvd and allow the viewer to control the slide show, (play, stop, next, previous, index page).

i did some research and came across a couple of programs, but they dont specify what they can really do.

any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

- john
Old July 12th, 2004, 11:34 AM   #5
Wrangler

Hi John,

You could just create a JPEG CD. You would basically create a CD that just has JPEG images on it, then once it is played in a compatible DVD player (recent DVD players should have this feature), you can preview and skip though your images.

This is the easiest option as you don't need any DVD authoring software, but you do need to make sure though that the DVD player you will be playing it in is able to read 'Picture CDs'. Other wise it will not work.

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2004, 01:19 PM   #6
Wrangler

Quote:
... easily load my images into a timeline of some sort, rearrange them and add certain transitions between the images
Vegas 4/5 is well known for exactly that. There are also several scripts you can use to automate and tweak the process. In addition, DVD architect also has functionality for DVD photo slide shows but I don't know how complicated it gets.

Probably best to visit the DV Info, DMN Forums, or Sony Vegas forums to get better info.
Michael Wisniewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2004, 02:39 PM   #7
Regular Crew

ahh...thanks ed and mike.

that sounds like a possible solution.

ill be going on a trip soon, and when i get back, id like to throw the pictures i take onto a dvd and send it to family members...

thanks for the input!! :)
Old July 13th, 2004, 01:30 AM   #8
Regular Crew

bump! :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring