What's the Most "Popular" DVD Format Right Now? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old July 14th, 2004, 12:42 PM   #1
Major Player

What's the Most "Popular" DVD Format Right Now?

Okay, here's another naive sounding question from me--I'm about to burn a DVD for a client, and the punchline is that this is my first DVD burning. I have a TDK unit that burns various formats of DVD, but my big question is this--which is the most reliable, popular DVD format at the moment? DVD-R? DVD+RW? I need something that has a good chance to work when popped into a DVD player at a big event.

Thanks!
Barry Rivadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2004, 12:47 PM   #2
Warden

Both formats have very high compatibility ratings. The last survey I say showed both +R and -R with above 96% compatibility.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2004, 02:39 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks! I feel a bit more relieved now. :)
Barry Rivadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2004, 06:42 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Note that the -R and +R (write once) are generally much more compatible than the rewritable -RW +RW formats.

I usually only use rewritable discs for use in the same drive (storage, burn tests etc.)
Hans Henrik Bang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring