CD/DVD Printer - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old November 28th, 2004, 09:46 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Following the link, this product doesn't appear to be available in the US, and apparently was designed for CDs.
Is there a US source, and has this been used on DVDs with no problems?
Allen Brodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2004, 06:16 PM   #32
Regular Crew

What DVDs can you print on?

Hello guys

I am from the UK, what DVD discs can you print on to?

I am thinking of investing in the Epson R200 cuz my bro got one and it prints PERFECT photo pics.

But what good DVD disc (good for export of video) and good for printing onto is the right discs to buy?

cheers

A
Antony Quintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2004, 11:45 AM   #33
Major Player

There are several -- my current favorite is RitekG03 4X ink jet printables. I have yet to get a coaster (burned at 1X). They look great in the R200. You can find them for around $0.47 or so. See this link:

http://dvdguides.atspace.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
Old December 20th, 2004, 01:49 PM   #34
Regular Crew

thank you vic
Antony Quintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2004, 09:19 AM   #35
Inner Circle

the spray is good for protecting anything you can think of.
I used it on CD, DVD, paper, glossy paper. it worked well and even 3 minutes after coming out of my canon i865 it does not hurt the ink. You could probably find such product in graphic shop like ink fixer spray.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2004, 09:33 AM   #36
Major Player

Hi Giroud.

I have my yes set on a Canon i865. Are you happy with it? Any tricks you can share?

Can you please give the name of the spray?

Best regards.
Arnaldo
Arnaldo Paixao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2004, 05:17 PM   #37
Inner Circle

look at www.cdspray.com

no trick to share as in fact the printer works very well without any needed trick.
Using surething CD/DVD labeler software to print.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2004, 12:02 AM   #38
Regular Crew

DVD Printer

Hi everyone, I recently went through an exhaustive search for a printer that would perform a proffesional printed look onto the face of DVDs and CDs.

The printer I ended up purchaising was a Canon IP5000.
This printer is a hoot, it performs perfectly and is a fabulous photo printer to boot.

I recently produced a video of a Dance studio and sold 50 copies of a two disk DVD set which meant I had to print 100 copies, every copy was perfect and the process was painless.

I see by comments earlier in the thread that Canon are not selling there printers complete with the DVD/CD printing function.

I can recomend a company here in Australia who sells the printer, they are Landmark Computers, their web site is http://www.lmc.com.au/

At the moment they are shut for Christmas but you can download a pdf file detailing their products for sale.

Hope this is of help to you guys in the U.S.

By the way a neat little trick to make your designs for DVD/CD faces more proffesional looking is to download the Photoshop template from the fellows http://www.fellowes.com/TechSupport.aspx
You will have to register but it will cost you nothing.

Use this template in Photoshop crop the picture to one disk as the template is designed for a two disk print out on their sticker sheets.

Design your disk face using the power of layers and masks, when finished remove all masked layers then save as a BMP file.

Using the utility print program that comes with the Canon IP5000 printer, import the BMP picture, you may have to scale the picture a little but it will fit perfectly into the disk layout, then print to disk.

The results are truly amazing.

Regards, Cliff Elliott
Cliff Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2005, 05:13 AM   #39
Major Player

CD/DVD Printer

Hi all.

Ended buying a Canon iP4000 based on the opinions expressed here. Very happy with it. Thank you all for your help.

Best regards.
Arnaldo
Arnaldo Paixao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2005, 07:22 PM   #40
New Boot

Just picked up a Primera Z1 for $140 and love it.

I can't be bothered with inkjets, I usually do short runs of 2-10 discs and constantly looking for a cheap, fast way to print them. Inkjet printing and spraying a lacquer sounds like lots of work for me. On longer runs, I use a DVD duplication service for everything including printing cases and DVD's.

But on smaller runs, I've been stumped for a good dedicated DVD printer for fast, easy printing. The Primera Z1 fits the bill, man, love it. Sits right beside my keyboard.

Be warned though, it only prints at 200 dpi so it may not meet your standards and it's one color only, but for me, it sure beats writing with a sharpie.

MB
Moe Belli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring