Problem compressing file for DVD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old September 2nd, 2004, 08:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem compressing file for DVD

For some reason I can't get a project I've edited on FCP to compress (to MPEG-2 for DVD). This is what happens: I select the sequence, go to EXPORT under FILE and pick USING COMPRESSOR and then nothing happens. I'm pretty sure this is the process I've done previously. Can anybody shed some light on this.

Thanks

Mike
Mike Scoboria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2004, 11:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi there!
This happened to me as well but all i did was update FCPHD and then all was good.. have u done yer updates yet?
Old September 3rd, 2004, 11:21 AM   #3
Major Player

I've heard it's not necessarily the best thing to update or install software in the middle of a project. Have you tried trashing preferences? Usually trashing preferences and repairing permissions work wonders on a Mac.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2004, 02:16 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the input. Patricia (or anyone who might know) what is the proceedure for trashing preferences and repairing permissions?

Thanks
Old September 3rd, 2004, 03:37 PM   #5
Major Player

To trash preferences: open the finder, click on home (usually your name); click on the library folder; click on the preferences folder; find the preference file you want (maybe both FCP and Compressor in this case?), drag it to the trash.

To repair permissions: go to the finder. Type in disk utility in the search area. Double click on the icon. When the window opens, make sure you check the correct disk (normally the hard drive where you're running FCP). Do Not erase, Do Not partition. Check repair permissions. When it's done, I always shut down my computer and restart.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2004, 06:30 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks!
Old September 8th, 2004, 12:12 AM   #7

Say Vishal,

When you said "update FCP HD" did you mean upgrade to FCP HD from another version or did you mean update it with patches or whatever on the web. I've got FCP HD and wasn't sure if they did web upgrades of the sa
me version or what.

Thanks!
Laurence Maher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring