DVD to AVI Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 12th, 2002, 02:29 PM   #1
New Boot

DVD to AVI Help

Hey guys,

I have a few video clips that I copied off of a DVD for use in a video I am making (I was given permission to do so by a local production company). Right now they are in their native MPEG2 format and play fine on my computer. However, whenever I use Premiere 6 to change them into AVIs using the MainConcept DV codec, the video is choppy. About every second, it seems to skip a frame or two during playback. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Also, is there an easier way to change MPEG2 files to AVIs? Thanks!

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." - Joseph Dunninger (Mentalist/Magician)
Daniel Carrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2002, 04:01 PM   #2
Air China Pilot

When you exported did you match the frame rates? Go to the imported clip and get the Clip Properties. Then when you export, go to your Video Settings and make sure the frame rate is the same.
Old August 12th, 2002, 06:17 PM   #3
New Boot

Hey Keith,

Yes, I did check the frame rates and they are both 29.97 FPS NTSC. Any other ideas? Thanks!

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." - Joseph Dunninger (Mentalist/Magician)
Daniel Carrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2002, 06:03 PM   #4
New Boot

Hey,

Someone suggested that I use DVD2AVI and it worked perfectly (go figure, eh?). Except for a 3-4 frame difference in size betweent he audio and video, there are no problems. Thanks for the info guys :)

Daniel Carrico is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring