DVD problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old November 25th, 2004, 09:08 AM   #1
Inner Circle

DVD problem

I used Finalcut pro to export a movie as a Quicktime then used Toast to burn it to a DVD. It played fine in my dvd player at home but when I brought it to an interview the movie hesitated at every place i put a transition (and wouldn't show the transition). The guy was understanding and said maybe it was because they have an older player. But i was pissed because it looked like crap pausing every few seconds. Why would this happen and how can i avoid this in the future? I followed finalcut directions to burn a dvd.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2004, 09:30 AM   #2
Major Player

I can't really help you there but if you tell us more about your set up it might help the "pros" to understand your problem better. (What comp, FCP, toast et.c.)
Alfred Okocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2004, 09:50 AM   #3
Inner Circle

here are more of my specs:
Mac G4 OS 10.3
FCP3
Toast Titanium 6
Media Burned: Teon DVD-R 4x
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2004, 03:16 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Ability for a DVD player to play burnt DVDs is kinda touch and go, although new DVD players appear to play better (some even advertise the players ability to play DVD-R etc).

It is possible that the older DVD player could not handle the DVD, although it is playerable (as you pretested with your own).

Sometimes it's worth using different types of blank media.

Sorry, not much of an advice here.

cheers,
Peter
Peter TK Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2004, 03:22 PM   #5
Inner Circle

thats all right i guess i figured so much that it was because of an old dvd player. VHS has not the highest quality but guaranteed to play. can't stand the unreliability of new technology.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring