Encore CS4: using externally encoded files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 4th, 2009, 08:43 AM   #1
New Boot

Encore CS4: using externally encoded files

I want to produce a single project for both Blu-ray and DVD. I've encoded the video files using HCencoder and want to specify the the 2 different transcode files in the project panel from within encore. How do I do this?
David Hutchinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 11:05 AM   #2
Major Player

I don't have cs4, with cs3 u have to right mouse click on each asset and use "replaced asset", also menu template.
Old September 4th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #3
New Boot

the problem with replace will mean i can only do either DVD or blu-ray and as its a complicated build I don't want to have to do it twice.
Old September 4th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #4
Major Player

You are not doing it twice, you are just replacing dvd files with blu-ray files, what so hard about that? sure beats starting another project and have to set chapters mark and all that...
Old September 5th, 2009, 08:29 AM   #5
New Boot

I understand what you are saying and thank you for the advice. I just think it's a reasonable thing to ask to be able to import a blu-ray encoded asset and then specify the DVD encoded version manually rather than encore forcing a transcoding with its own encoder. I.m really surprised if it can't be done.

I have 20-30 assets and if I make a change I just want to do it once rather than in 2 different projects.
Old September 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM   #6
Major Player

Ok I see what you are saying, what I do is I encoded my assests with Edius twice, one MPEG2HD and one MPEG2, I don't use Encore to encode cuz I don't like the quality from it, I set chapters and author the dvd version first then I open the same project and use the replace feature and replaced them the assets with the MPEG2 HD version.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring