Someone Please Teach me how to make a DVD with this HD1000U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old September 26th, 2009, 10:33 AM   #1
New Boot

Someone Please Teach me how to make a DVD with this HD1000U

Hey... guys... I have final cut pro 5, with compressor 2, and DVD studio pro 4. I have not been able to make a DVD that will play in a regular dvd player. What i really just want to do is to be able to burn an good quality standard dvd that can fit on the regular 4.7gig dvd for everyone to play on their dvd player. Now... i have done soo many dvds, some play only on macs and not on a regular dvd player. i wanna be able to burn a dvd that will have a good quality for anybody to play whether they have a windows pc, mac, or dvd player.

I have watched a couple of tutorials but still end up making bad dvds. Hopefully i am able to get professional help here.

I really want someone to walk me through the process from final cut(what and how exactly can i export it to have a good quality), Then what exactly to choose when i go into compressor 2 and how to put it in DVD studio pro 4 (and also what setting to put it in) and finally how to burn the disc successfully.

Thanks for reading. And also thanks for helping
Lloyd Amedume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2009, 11:46 AM   #2
Major Player

Export it from FCP using compressor. You want to choose the setting in Compressor that matches your video's length, but does not go over. So if your video is 89 minutes long, pick the 90 minute option. If it is 91 minutes long, you have to pick the 120 minutes option. Always use best quality. Use the Dolby audio option, not the AIFF option. Compress it, and wait for it to be done. In DVDSP make sure the DVD is set to SD DVD in the disc inspector's General tab. Then simply drag the newly compressed files into the Assets window. From there drag the audio and video file into the timeline. Create a menu (from a template or from your own artwork), a link to the track, and set the track's end jump back to the main menu. When that is done, click the Build/Format button. Name your DVD, choose a location for the files to be saved, and make sure the output device is correct. Click Build & Burn and it should work.
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #3
New Boot

Edward's way of doing it will work but it might be easier if you export a self contained quicktime movie form your FCP timeline and then import it into compressor. Seems to work better then using export from FCP and also leaves you able to still work in FCP.

John
John Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2009, 04:02 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Another option...

Export from FCP as a self contained movie, then drop it into iDVD - it's pretty simple from there...
Marc S. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 09:30 AM   #5
New Boot

Thanks Guys...

Thanks i'm gonna try all these options to c what works best for me. I didn't get the chance to do it yet tho. however thanks for the help.
Lloyd Amedume is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring