DVD Architect and 24p question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 23rd, 2005, 10:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD Architect and 24p question

Does anyone know if it's possible to put a 24fps video and 29fps video on the same DVD in Architect? For example if your company logo clip was 24fps and the actual video made was 29fps.
Dan Measel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2005, 11:46 AM   #2
Trustee

i forget what the name is for the situation you are describing, but it's not possible with a lot of the cheaper dvd authoring software that's been on the market.

dvdlab pro will do it, tho, check it out at www.mediachance.com
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2005, 04:08 PM   #3
Major Player

Don't quote me on this, bit I think it is possible. When you want to compress clips before burning the DVD, it gives you the option of 24 or 30 fps. I believe you can encode each file separately and it doesn't matter is they are combined on the DVD. I have not tried this, however, so you may want to do a test of some sort.

I also do not know how DVDA handles already compressed files from Vegas encoded at different frame rates.
Bennis Hahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2005, 04:25 PM   #4
Major Player

Dan Euritt, While you may be correct that many low-end DVD programs like DVDLab might do this, Mr. Measel was inquiring about the capabilities of Sony's DVD Architect product (presumably because he already owns it).

Dan Measel, The section in the manual (pg26) that discusses this does not provide definitive guidance that DVDA can or cannot do this. It indicates that both NTSC video stream template or the 24p NTSC video stream template may be used to prepare the video streams for DVDA. It does not indicate that they can or cannot be mixed on a project.

Later on page 155, the description of one of the General Tab check boxes would lead you to believe mixing the two types is possible. By clearing the "Allow pulldown removal when opening 24p DV" check box, 24p video is read as 29.97 fps interlaced video (60i).
Old May 25th, 2005, 12:11 PM   #5
Trustee

let me re-phrase what i just said.

low-end dvd authoring packages like architect will typically NOT allow you to mix different framerates on the same dvd... hence my recommendation to move up to dvdlab pro, which is multi-vts capable.

with dvdlab pro, you can mix different audio formats and aspect ratios on the same dvd, just like hollywood does on the pro dvd's.

the limitation we are talking about here is that all of the video/audio in a vts(video title set) must have the same properties... frame size, audio format, etc.

so the question for the dvd architect people is whether or not it's multi-vts capable... perhaps that subject is mentioned in the instruction manual?
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring