Compressor is mystifying me at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old October 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #1
Major Player

Compressor is mystifying me

I drag my destination and settings onto my video in compressor and press submit... then nothing happens. However, a m2v and ac3 file appeared in my folder. This is really confusing me, as I expect to see a status bar or at least some confirmation that it is functioning. Otherwise HOW DO I KNOW WHEN IT'S DONE COMPRESSING? At first the m2v file was zero kb, then after dinner it was 276 mb... so what, it's done?
I just changed the bitrate in the setting and pressed submit again. The little "overwrite" exclamation point icon popped up, and I have no idea if it's compressing again or ignoring me.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2009, 04:29 PM   #2
Major Player

Oh I see "batch monitor"... but I never had to look at that before (this is a new machine). Anyway the DVD failed due to muxing error. Why is compressor better than just doing this in Studio Pro? Everyone says you have more control, but as far as quality is concerned the bitrate interface is EXACTLY THE SAME. So seriously, why am I doing this?
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring