EASYEST DVD aRCH question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old November 10th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #1
Trustee

EASYEST DVD aRCH question

Hi,
i have 4 videos of 4 minutes each, i should put em on a DVD menu....
I use DVDARCH since last week; now i wanna know wht u suggest me to do if i don't wanna have (dragging the video on the menu) the preview botton of each capter but i wanna see the title written in letters(hope u got my point)!
Thx a lot my friends!
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:15 PM   #2
Inner Circle

When you drag or place the video clip to a menu in DVDA it will give you a thumbnail with text below, so to change that simply right click on the button (thumbnail or text) and there is a menu that will come up which will give you the choice of TEXT only, THUMBNAIL only or BOTH. Simply click on TEXT only, Done!

(you can also click on the thumbnail to highlight it and simply press Delete but the menu way is safer until you get used to the functions of DVDA)
Old November 11th, 2009, 07:23 AM   #3
Trustee

Don i'm ňost wiythout you guys...Many thanks
Another Q:
I'm trying to put a picture as menu template but when i import it the pic appears squeezed;is there any way to auto fix?

thx
Old November 11th, 2009, 01:17 PM   #4
Inner Circle

are you setting it as 'background' OR are you 'inserting graphic' and resizing. If you are setting as background it should be OK that is if you pulled a freeze frame from the Vegas timeline. Remember though the freeze frame will be 72dpi so depending on the frame it might need to be massaged in something like Photoshop.

The size issue could also be caused in Photoshop if you take the Vegas freeze frame and bring it into Photoshop and either resize it OR crop it.

Honestly I've never really had a problem bring a VEgas frame into Photoshop, upping the dpi to 150 or even 300 and then bringing it into DVDA as a background for a menu.

The only other thing I need to ask then is how does it look in a program other than DVDA?
Old November 11th, 2009, 02:43 PM   #5
Trustee

It looks good in other software...
BTW thank you Don, i appreciate your time to help me!If u don't hate me i'd ask u another q:
Which compression would u use for 4 videos of 5 minutes length?

thx hermano
Old November 11th, 2009, 04:38 PM   #6
Inner Circle

hmmm interesting. you say it's stretched. strected wide or tall? is it a frame from Vegas? if it is then it should drop right in unless the project settings of Vegas and DVDA are different.
Is one 4:3 and the other widescreen? That's about the only thing I can think of right now if it is a freeze frame off the Vegas time line.

As for compression, since it's only 20 minutes of video when you render to mpeg2 in Vegas (I'll assume that's what you're using to render to mpeg) I would use the following numbers; Max; 8,000,000, Average 6,000,000, Minimum 2,000,000.
I would use CBR and 2 pass for something this short.
Don't forget to render the audio to AC3 or DVDA will need to re-render it.
Old November 12th, 2009, 05:06 AM   #7
Trustee

Sup Don?
It's a picture from my nikon...i set the project as pal dv wide, then when it checkes the final setting it pops up a window where it says that a few files will be recumpressed and at the bottom i can see that the project is ntsc 4:3 even if i set paldvwide.

Any ideas Don?
Old November 12th, 2009, 05:19 AM   #8
Trustee

Don what about if i have to insert a logo on the menu (as a picture) but i don't wanna the logo could highlight, how should i act?
Thx Don and GO BULLS!
Old November 12th, 2009, 05:30 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Whoa, easy my friend all this info too early in the morning ;-)

OK, the picture is from a still camera. You say the project is set to PALWideScreen. Do you mean in Vegas or DVDA? Both need to be set the same.

Files that were not compressed or not compressed to the right bitrate will have to be recompressed in DVDA-like I said before, make sure you compress your audio to AC3 or DVDA will need to recompress it.

About the logo, just bring it into DVDA as a graphic, and place it where you want it on the menu. It won't highlight since it's not a button.
Old November 12th, 2009, 06:40 AM   #10
Trustee

Both (VEGAS & ARCH)are set the same .....
Thank you for the picture issue!I solved! U r my Steve Kerr (assist man):)

I 'm starting to use now Arch cause i love Vegas and i'm trying 2 discover this awesome sw!

thx Don
Old November 12th, 2009, 12:15 PM   #11
Inner Circle

right now I'm kinda out of ideas as to why the pal ws setting wouldn't be holding. Let me think on it a while and try to come up with something or perhaps Edward or Mike K or Set B can jump in with an idea.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring