Tailoring DVD content at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 29th, 2005, 02:25 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Tailoring DVD content

This is really basic stuff which I think I know but want to make sure. I have a client who has DVD portfolio content I send out to potential buyers. He wants to author his own DVD and I manage the distribution.

Just say his portfolio has 10 distinct segments. I want to tailor each DVD I send out, so to one target I send 6 out of 10 segments (chapter marked 1-6) and to another only 4 out of 10 (1-4).

I figure I need him to send me his menu template and I just drag and drop the raw footage folio segments as needed into the encoder and burn away.

The thing is I am guessing we both need the same DVD authoring software to make this possible (with regards to the menu template).

Am I making this too hard? Or am I assuming it is too simple?

Any comments would be appreciated.
Daniel Stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 02:56 AM   #2
Major Player

It seems you get it right. But if you don't have the same authoring software he could send you the pictures in PSD, PNG or whatever. Then you rebuild the menus in your soft.

It would be easier if he split himself the DVD, as he wants to author the DVD, wouldn't it ?
Benjamin Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 06:10 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Yeh I agree but I don't really want to go back and forth back and forth getting him to tweak his DVD, not the most efficient esp seeing as he is 8 hours drive away.

But thanks for your input!
Daniel Stevenson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring