Encore Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 19th, 2009, 12:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Encore Problem

I am creating a DVD that contains 18 Music videos that are meant to be sung along with.
There are two versions of each, One with a vocal track that leads the singing and one without. I exported 1 video file and two different audio files for each music video and proceeded to put them together inside of encore, I thought that I could save on space this way.

The basic layout is, one button to play all with vocal track, one button to play all without the vocal track, and a scene selection where they can choose any song and whether or not it will have the vocal track.

After creating the original files that I imported came in under 4 gigs so I thought that I was safe. I created 72 different timelines within Encore using those files and was suprised to find out that Encore now said I have 8.25 gigs of information on the disc. Is there a way to tell encore to reference the video and audio files once, and have them appear in mutiple locations in the disc menus?

Sorry if this is convoluted, been up for over 24 hours working on this.

Patrick
Patrick Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2009, 11:59 AM   #2
Regular Crew

The problem is not with encore, but how you are authoring it.

You should not be creating a new timeline for each way you want it played.

You should have just one timeline for each video (a total of 18, not 72). Place the multiple audio tracks into the single timeline, and use the playlists and alternate audio track selection to do what you want.
Jon Geddes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2009, 09:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

That is what I tried first, however after I placed the videos once in the Flowchart, I can't place them again on a different menu screen without changing how it appears in other places on the DVD, sorry if that is a poor explanation but I am unaware of how to place one timeline in multiple places on the DVD without changing all instances of the video.

Thanks

Patrick
Patrick Myers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring