Best outsourced DVDs? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old July 18th, 2005, 02:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Best outsourced DVDs?

I need to make 1000 DVDs that will be passed out to my client's customers. They need to be compatible with as many DVD players as possible, so doing them at home doesn't seem like the way to go. What are some companies out there (that you guys have been happy with) that I could send an authored DVD-R to that could master them and stencil them as well? Thanks!
Alex Barabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #2
Trustee

Most production houses want a DLT to master from but a DVD-R will work, there will just be no copy protection. I recommend Diskmakers, they have done projects for me of sizes ranging from 300 units to 50,000.

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2005, 11:42 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Greyson
Most production houses want a DLT to master from but a DVD-R will work, there will just be no copy protection. I recommend Diskmakers, they have done projects for me of sizes ranging from 300 units to 50,000.

ash =o)
Yea, I was on the phone w/ Diskmakers and they blew me away with service -- I got a quote that my client liked (I think). Anyway, I don't care about copy protection -- DVD Decrypter makes easy of anything I've found... plus, if someone wants to copy the advertisement (It's a tour of a pilot training school), more power to them.
Alex Barabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2005, 02:45 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hey Alex,
as I said in another thread I have been very hapy with Newleaf Media and I've done around 20,000 disks with them this far.

http://www.newleafmedia.us/

Thanks,
Eric James
http://www.expertmagic.com/
Eric James is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring