Self-Destruct DVD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 24th, 2005, 12:41 AM   #1
New Boot

Self-Destruct DVD

I've been monitoring this new self-destruct DVD format, is it released in the U.S. market now? Does anyone have any experience with this, or know the process of working with one?

--maxcap
Maxine Capilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2005, 06:52 AM   #2
Capt. Quirk

They are sold here as an alternative to movie rental, but I haven't heard of anyone having blank disks.
Old July 24th, 2005, 01:29 PM   #3
Inner Circle

it is a miserable idea and a total marketing failure.
it has disappeared as fast as it comes.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 12:56 AM   #4
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Forman
They are sold here as an alternative to movie rental, but I haven't heard of anyone having blank disks.

That's how they're usually marketed from what I've gathered. I'm interested in finding out if this is one process where an attempt to copy the DVD will be ineffective since it goes through a process of destroying itself. Although the 8-12 hours allowance makes me think hard on whether there's a way someone can trigger more time delay.

Without the DVD to examine and test myself, it's hard to know.

--maxcap
Old July 25th, 2005, 12:58 AM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroud Francois
it is a miserable idea and a total marketing failure.
it has disappeared as fast as it comes.
Yes, I realise it's being marketed for just "movie rentals" - in my hands, I could spin quite a few options, but I need to study the product carefully. It's not available in Asia YET, you see. ;)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring