Adobe Encore -- various topics - Page 20 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 21st, 2008, 07:36 PM   #286
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael McQueen View Post
for starters, should i be able to setup a project thats bluray, 720p and 29.97? or should it be set to 59.94? my video source is 720 30p.
You should be able to do 30p or 30i. It's your preference.

Quote:
next up on my annoyance list: the menu is 720x480 when i create it. i can't find anyway within encore to change it to 720p. so i open up the menu in photoshop and then change it there.
Do you have video in your menus? If not, your menu is a still image. I would think that by definition it's already progressive.

Quote:
i've got my buttons created but i still get a bit of a haze outline during the activated state that shows the non activated state.
This you'll probably want to look at very closely in Photoshop. As you know, the activation is a layer in the image that gets turned on when it's, well, activated. Depending upon how you created the button, there might be something in other layers that contribute to that fuzzy bit showing up. It's odd and I've not had this happen. Does this happen in Encore, your computer, BD-player/TV set up or all three? I've found Encore pretty WYSIWYG when it comes to menus, but I have a lot more experience with SD than BD up to now. But this is changing quickly.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 08:36 PM   #287
Regular Crew

one thing i'm trying to get dialed is the exporting process. i don't want encore to have to encode any of my video(other than an after effects menu or something). so i'm trying to get my compressor setting adjusted properly to cut back on my authoring times. what i've somewhat gathered is if i'm doing 720p i can not author at 29.97, it needs to be either 23.98 or 59.95 for bluray. does this sound correct?

and re: to my menu, its not that its not progressive, its that its SD and not HD. i've since created a new menu in photoshop and made it HD in size, but not sure if this fixes my problem or not.
Michael McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 05:31 AM   #288
Regular Crew

DVD DL in Adobe Encore

Hey guys just had a quick question. I've burned a few copies of this film project I've been working on. However when my main feature gets to the credits it will play the credits but midway through it will cut out and not finish the credits. Could this be because of the Duel Layer Break? How would I go about fixing this. I've tried taking out some video but that didn't seem to do to much. Any help / advice would be great. ASAP if possible, this thing needs to get done. Thanks guys...
Nathan Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #289
Regular Crew

Adobe Encore - slow import video files

Hello all,
i'm exporting m2v files from PPCS3 using procoder 3 exporter, when i add it to encore it takes a while to load the file.

any ideas? any way to make it faster?
any suggestion for another good and quick program to deliver DVD's to costumers?
Asaf Benatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 02:38 PM   #290
Inner Circle

Shalom, Asaf, please define "a while".

Also, what is the size/duration/bitrate of the files you are importing in Encore?
Old January 17th, 2009, 02:16 AM   #291
Regular Crew

Thanks for the replay,

about 2-4 minutes, 90mins video , 6500 bitrate
Asaf Benatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 07:08 AM   #292
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asaf Benatia View Post
any way to make it faster?
any suggestion for another good and quick program to deliver DVD's to costumers?
I don't think so and not really.

I have no idea what Encore is doing when it's importing video assets but compared to other tools I've used that's not too bad of a wait. Bringing DVD-legal video into Nero for authoring takes many times as long as Encore.

While Encore takes a while to learn and can be a little counter intuitive when compared to other Adobe apps, authoring in Encore can be done quite quickly. Years ago I used Nero for DVD authoring and found it slow and inflexible. I still use it occasionally and it hasn't changed much. I've never been able to create an efficient workflow for it. I've also used a Sony application that was so unmemorable that I've lost its name. That experience is several years old so things might have changed there.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 09:39 AM   #293
Inner Circle

I totally agree with Tripp, hard to imagine you can find a better DVD authoring app on the PC. Once you spend some time mastering it, there's nothing you can't do with it. And encoding with Procoder is the other half of the secret to making high quality discs. Did I mention Photoshop integration for personalized menus?

Of course, in the end it all comes down to personal preferences. For fast authoring I do it all straight out of Edius, but for complex navigation, multiple audio streams, subtitles - Encore is the king. Now playing in BlueRay too...
Old March 13th, 2009, 01:09 PM   #294
Inner Circle

Adobe Encore beginners question

Hi - I'm sort of having trouble setting up my DVD layout so that the viewer can either 'play all or select different chapters without having 1 long MPEG2 of the entire programme plus seperate MPEG2 files for the chapters on the disk

Can I somehow use markers to allow the viewer to select portions of 1 master MPEG2 video?

Cheers

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2009, 01:34 PM   #295
Trustee

To add chapter points, choose the Timeline Menu/Add Chapter Point.

You can create a menu if you want, and link each chapter point to a button in the menu.
Old March 13th, 2009, 01:58 PM   #296
Inner Circle

Hi - Yes I get that, but at the end of each chapter (If they wanted to just watch that chapter) I would want the playback to go back to the menu. If they watch that 'play all' option wouldn't it go back to the menu at the end of the first chapter?

Thanks for your help

Pete
Old March 13th, 2009, 02:19 PM   #297
Trustee

I think I understand now what you are trying to do.

Click on a chapter, and in the properties pane, change the end action of the chapter to go back to the menu. See if that does it.

Check out the "override" option in the help menu for more control over that.
Old March 13th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #298
Inner Circle

Cheers I'll try that shortly

Thanks for your help

Pete
Old March 13th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #299
Trustee

Here is a short tutorial on how to setup a menu with both "Chapter" buttons and a "Play All" button in Adobe Encore:
Building a Play All Menu in Adobe Encore DVD : Adobe Encore DVD Tutorial
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #300
Regular Crew

Best Export to DVD

I'm trying to figure out how to improve my footage when exporting to DVD. Please let me know where I can improve on... looks good but when comparing to any DVD, i know it could be improved.

Thanks.

My work process is:
1) Import miniDV footage into computer using a small handycam video camera.
2) All editing done in Adobe Premiere CS4
3) Once complete, export to microsoft AVI (.avi) - 740x480 - 29.97 fps - 16:9 ratio
4) Import into Encore, and from there it transcodes and burns onto DVD automatically...

I know there should be a better way... anyone?
thanks.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring