Adobe Encore -- various topics - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 4th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #121
Regular Crew

Well, I've tried some other ideas. I tried to just transcode the file, without adding it into a timeline (create a new project and imported the AVI, then transcoded). I also turned on the logging. There are no errors in the log files, but it just outright stops at 5200 frames or thereabouts. It then does a second pass (2-pass VBR) and then 2nd pass goes up to about 5000 frames, and then the transcoding "completes". No errors tho.

Are there known problems with Encore 2.0 handling HuffYUV files? Could my AVI file have some sort of corruption in it?
Matt DeJonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #122
Regular Crew

I finally figured out that it was a problem with my file.
Matt DeJonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #123
Regular Crew

Adobe Encore I've Tried Everything :( I Think

I'm hoping someone out there knows how to fix this problem.

I was seeing interlacing artifacts in between clips so I thought it might be because of the way it was transcoded, but I tried many different combos of the transcoding and tried upper, lower and progressive for the fields. I'm also having issues with the dvd stopping to load on certain chapters for a second.

I am using Premiere 2.0, Encore 2.0, a hp zd7000 laptop, and I tired maxell DVD+R, fujifilm DVD+R and RW, and a Memorex DVD+RW

The footage is a mixture of 24p and 60i which both are getting these artifacts or lines.

So..what is going to fix this?

Thank you!

James
James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 02:42 PM   #124
Regular Crew

So nobody has any ideas?

I've been trying to solve this problem for a long time and I'm not having any luck, I know someone out there will have some answers...

James
Old July 19th, 2006, 03:31 PM   #125
Regular Crew

James, what file are you importing into Encore? I always do my transcoding before I get to Encore and the program seems to be happier. You may want to try using After Effects to de-interlace before you go to Encore.
Michael Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #126
Major Player

James,
You need to deinterlace before you import into Encore. I used to have the same problem. You shouldn't have the artifact with the 24p footage, though. What do you mean "between clips". Interlace artifacts are visible during the clip. As far as the delay between chapters, I think that's just the way Encore works. I haven't found a solution, and it prevents you from continuing an audio track from one chapter into the next. If you figure a way around it, please post it.
Steve Siegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 07:22 PM   #127
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Siegel
James,As far as the delay between chapters, I think that's just the way Encore works. I haven't found a solution, and it prevents you from continuing an audio track from one chapter into the next. If you figure a way around it, please post it.
I'm not sure that a delay between chapters can be blamed on Encore DVD. My previous set top DVD player seemed to have a habit of pausing for a second when switching tracks and/or chapters. My new DVD player does not share the same habit.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 12:18 PM   #128
Regular Crew

Thanks for your help!

I just exported a standard avi. file from premiere.

I did deinterlace all of my movie in premiere, except for anything that I had slowed down. I don't have after effects either.

When I say "In between" clips I mean that in between one shot to another you can see like weird horizontal lines for a split second. My daughter noticed those lines when I played it back on our tv. So I can't have that.

Its also unacceptable to have the DVD stop for a moment to reload. Do you think that may be because the rate is too high?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a different DVD tool if I can't fix all of these issues?

I appreciate your help,

James
Old August 17th, 2006, 07:00 PM   #129
Regular Crew

Encore DVD 2.0

Can anyone recommend some reading material for this prog? I find myself wanting to embrace it but not knowing how. Damn the learning curve! Damn it!

Thanks in advance!
Nick Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 07:52 PM   #130
Wrangler

I'm not personally able to recommend any specific book. However, Adobe has quite a few clips from Total Training and a number of PDF tutorials available for free on their web site, so that might be a good place to get a jump start:

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/tutorials/
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 01:09 PM   #131
Inner Circle

Wrigley Video

Wrigley Video has some excellent and very short video tutorials to get you started - check out http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotut...tut_encore.htm
Old August 18th, 2006, 06:44 PM   #132
Major Player

lynda.com

25 bucks a month no minimum buy and you can watch all the videos you want. Encore, After Effects, Premiere.......
Old August 20th, 2006, 01:16 PM   #133
Major Player

Encore 2.0: How do you loop motion menus without looping the music?

I have a 40sec video I want to use as a video menu in Encore 2.0. The menu also has music, a song that lasts 5min. So I want the video to loop until the music ends, but if I have to make a 5min. video file it's going to be way too big. Any way to set the video and audio loop points independently?

What If I want the music to keep playing (not start over) when you click on a button and change menu (go to a chapter menu for example)?
David Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2006, 02:08 PM   #134
Major Player

The audio and the video in DVD menus are somewhat coupled, so things such as loop points or jumping to a new asset (due to a menu change) always affects both. This is not a limitation of the authoring software, but rather the DVD specification.

Not knowing Encore myself, here is what I would do to solve your particular problem: use Premiere (or whatever your editing software is), put the music on an audio track, and copy a sufficient number of copies of the 40-sec video clip to the video track. In other words, do the looping of the video manually to end up with a five minute clip for both audio and video. Then use that clip as the background for your DVD menu.

It's possible that Encore can do this for you in an automated way - like I said, I don't know Encore.

- Martin
Martin Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #135
Major Player

Thanks Martin. Thing is, if I loop the video file in premiere and import that, it will create a huge file and I'm afraid it could be too big. But I'll give it a try, maybe when compressed to MPEG2 it won't be that bad. I think I'll cut the song in half, it was created with Sonic Fire Pro anyway so I can have it at any length.

Also, I could swear I saw some commercial DVDs that had navigating chapter menus and the music would not stop each time you changed a page (say going from chap. 1-4 to chap. 5-8, etc.). It would be pretty weird having the music restart every time you switch page in the chapter submenu.
David Lach is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring