Adobe Encore -- various topics - Page 19 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:06 AM   #271
Major Player

DVDSP Help

JJ,

Unfortunately, it looks like all of DVDSP templates and transitions are formatted for DVDSP only. But here is an idea. Make a 10 second movie. Go into DVDSP and set your menu and transition. Make sure there are no text or buttons. (I think the problem you had before is that there was not a movie in track 1). You can now take this DVD and play into your camera or deck or use a program to strip the footage from the DVD. Good luck.

Jon Schwartz
CA Video Productions
Jonathan Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:09 AM   #272
Major Player

ah~ that's pretty good idea... I will try to explain to the studio coordinator there (since I am not going there for a while) to do that.. hope she understands what I am trying to do...
Thank you for your help, Jon!

JJ
J.J. Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #273
Regular Crew

Encore DVD2 first time panic! - commentary.

Hello all.
First time, trial and error user, who has just had a deadline announced and needs help!
Probably a real simple sollution, but as yet I'm stuck.

To simplify;
I have my feature's video clip (1.M2V)
I have my feature's seperate audio clip (1.WAV)
and I have my commentary audio clip. (2.WAV)

I have menu/button for 1.M2V & 1.WAV
I have menu/button for 2.WAV

So far I've imported assets; 1.M2V & 1.WAV and just dragged them to my 'Play Feature' button.
and I've imported and linked 1.M2V & 2.WAV via timeline to its menu button.
This process duplicates the 1.M2V file on disc, which is TOO LARGE.

How do I link both WAV files to the single 1.M2V file??
So simple I'm sure.. but I haven't stumbled my way there yet, and time is running out.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony
Anthony Milic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 09:16 AM   #274
Major Player

Create new timeline, put your video file on the video track, put both your audio files on audio track.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #275
Regular Crew

Thanks Bart for your suggestion.

I did try doing that before, so on my timeline I've got 'Video', and 'Audio 1' & 'Audio 2'.
Problem is I don't know how to tell Encore to link 'Video' and 'Audio 1' to one menu/button, and 'Video' & 'Audio 2' to the other menu/button. - without duplicating 'Video 1' on the DVD (which uses up all disc space)

Please help?

Many thanks.

Anthony

... OK I think I have it. Specify link for relevant button, select desired audio timeline option on audio drop down box. - Seems to have associated the files without carrying across a secondary video file. fingers crossed.. I'm getting thre..

Last edited by Anthony Milic; October 8th, 2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: update
Anthony Milic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2008, 04:31 PM   #276
Regular Crew

Encore CS3 Navigation design

Hi all, started my first proper menu and chaptered DVD in encore and running into a few issues:

The assets are imported fine, created main menu and chapter menu, inserted chapter points and linked chapter menu to chapter points on timeline.

When I preveiw the DVD it seems fine the problems arise when I try to set end actions.

I have a play all button but when I try to link to chapter 1 to 2 and 3 to 4 its not working properly,
I select 1 to go to 2 but when I select 2 to goto 3, 1 goes to 3 instead and so on

does each chapter have to be in it's own timeline? that's how it seems

thanks for your help

Russ
Russell Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2008, 06:07 PM   #277
Trustee

First, did you run a "check project"? If you did and it comes up clean I have two thoughts. First, and I think this most likely, your menu links are simply pointing to the wrong point in your project. The most common cause (at least for me) is that I've linked the menu to the wrong chapter mark. I have done this more than once. Encore lets you make the links several ways. I find using the pickwhips for anything but connecting menus complete rubbish. In the flowchart view, I'll right click on the menu item I want to link and select "Specify Link". From there you select the timeline you want and the appropriate chapter mark within it.

Secondly. Do you specify thumbnails for your chapter marks? If so, is it possible you dragged the thumbnail mark rather than the chapter mark? I've done that too.

Please remember that the first chapter mark is always set at the beginning of each timeline. If you don't link a menu item to the very introduction of your piece, your count might be off. In most projects I do, the only link to the first chapter mark is the "Play Movie" link on the main menu.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2008, 06:41 PM   #278
Regular Crew

Hi Tripp,
cheers for your reply
I have checked the project and the only problems that appear are next and previous > link not set,

Ive now set them to link back to main menu

I'm burning the project now but I'm pretty sure the "play all" is only going to play my first chapter I cant see how it's going to play all my chapters in one go

fingers crossed, it's a bit confusing at first but your input helped

cheers Russ
Old November 4th, 2008, 06:58 PM   #279
Regular Crew

Tripp, you da man!

seems to play through ok from play all, for some reason I thought I'd have to tell it what to do when it got to the end of first chapter,
your explanation made me view the process in a bit diffrently and all seemed to fall into place then,

thanks for your help

Russ
Old November 4th, 2008, 09:03 PM   #280
Trustee

Glad I could help Russ. When I first started working with Encore I found it completely counter-intuitive since it didn't work like other Adobe products. I think the core of Encore is OEM'd from Sonic, or was at some point. So the ergonomics weren't home grown.

Half a year ago I was right where you are now... wanting to head to the pub for a pint of bitter... but I've done over 20 DVDs since then and it get's easier. I now actually look forward to that part of the workflow. Not only does it mean that I'm almost done, but I get to play with graphics, which is fun for me.
Old November 9th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #281
Regular Crew

CS3 Encore / Premiere problems

Hi, I just installed updates for cs3 and it fried my suite. When i try to export to Encore from premiere i get an error saying "Preset not found" / "error loading default preset" , and when i try to open Encore on its own i get a runtime error and it wont open at all. Anybody know what the problem could be or another way to burn my footage to DVD **(FREE)**?
Brannon Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #282
Trustee

Not sure I know what **(FREE)** means.

You might want to drill down into your hard drive to find out what's happening with your preset files. Check to see that the one you're using is where it should be. The path is something like Program Files/Adobe.../Encore (or Media Encoder). I don't know exactly since I'm not on a machine with CS3 installed. You should be able to find them pretty easily.

If your preset(s) went pear shaped, you can copy replacements in, if you have them backed up somewhere. I don't, but probably should.

If not, the best thing to do would be to uninstall/reinstall the product(s). I don't know if the presets belong to Premier, Encore or the Media Encoder. You could try them one at a time or maybe save some time and effort by doing them all in one whack.
Old November 9th, 2008, 07:31 PM   #283
Regular Crew

Thank you SO much for taking the time to reply. I found the presets folder under C/program files/adobe/encore/presets then opened it and stared at it. lol No idea what it should or shouldnt look like.
Brannon Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 06:53 AM   #284
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannon Bates View Post
I found the presets folder under C/program files/adobe/encore/presets then opened it and stared at it. lol No idea what it should or shouldnt look like.
Well... it should have presets in it. (grin) What you see on the disk should correspond to the transcode settings you get in the media encoder. It's a 1-to-1 relationship.

You probably should uninstall/reinstall the products. Yes, it will take some time, but I think it's the lowest stress path to recovery for you.
Old December 21st, 2008, 02:09 PM   #285
Regular Crew

trying to learn encore?

i've been a dvdsp user since version 1. but i just started trying to grasp encore for bluray purposes. its been somewhat of a headache.

for starters, should i be able to setup a project thats bluray, 720p and 29.97? or should it be set to 59.94? my video source is 720 30p.

next up on my annoyance list: the menu is 720x480 when i create it. i can't find anyway within encore to change it to 720p. so i open up the menu in photoshop and then change it there.

i've got my buttons created but i still get a bit of a haze outline during the activated state that shows the non activated state.

then when i preview it, it plays really crappy. i'm not sure if thats because i'm on a macbook pro 2.16.

i'm thinking i'm just going to burn a tester on a bd-re and see how it looks....

and pointers would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.
Michael McQueen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring