The Best Way to Capture from a DVD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old August 26th, 2005, 09:20 PM   #1
New Boot

The Best Way to Capture from a DVD

I'm in a situation where I've lost the source files for a project, which now only exists in DVD format... is there any way to capture from the DVD to an AVI file? Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Nic Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2005, 09:50 PM   #2
Major Player

Your holy grail of getting files from DVDs. No need to recapture. Just extract using this program:

http://www.miraizon.com/products/products.html

Great program and works terrifically. You can grab the video from a DVD into several formats including QT and AVI.

KW
Kevin Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2005, 01:46 PM   #3
Trustee

just be aware that you talking about re-compressing the mpeg2 dvd video in order to convert it to avi, so you'll be taking a pretty big hit in quality... there are ways to work with the native mpeg2 without re-compressing all of it first, if your final destination is to go back onto dvd... you'll need to match the bitrates up correctly.
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2005, 09:20 PM   #4
New Boot

thanks

thank you greatly. i'm going to get that thing right now.
Nic Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 11:48 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Plextor box

I use the plextor box and just replay - capture back into Studio 10 or Liquid. Then re-burn. No loss of quality.
Richard Bender is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring