Html to Encore at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old September 28th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #1
New Boot

Html to Encore

Hello,

I prepared a great DVD for children and did all the menus and authoring on Adobe Encore CS5.1. My client wants to add a small html game on the DVD. So they gave me the files so as to add the game on the DVD. I got an index.html file and a folder with the contents of the html.

So, is it possible to create a button on the DVD menu and connect it with this html file? I suppose that when you hit the button a browser will pop up so as to play the game.

They also told me that this feature is available on DVD Studio Pro.

Thank you in advance!
Ilias Papaioannou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Html to Encore

If you mean opening a browser on your TV screen... I don't think so!

This feature is available only when the DVD or BluRay is disc is played on a computer.

Excerpt from the DVD Studio Pro user manual: "The DVD@CCESS feature allows you to add additional interactivity to your written DVD title when it is played on a computer. For example, you can set a marker so that when it is reached, the computer's web browser opens and is directed to the specific URL, which can be a website on the internet or an HTML file on the DVD".
Old September 28th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #3
New Boot

Thank you Ervin. The DVD is going to be played on DVD players as well as computers. I need this feature for the computers.

I seems that DVD Studio Pro does exactly what I need. However I did my whole project on Adobe Encore. Is it possible to do the same thing with Encore?
Old September 28th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #4
New Boot

I found some posts but they are not that specific. I can add DVD-Rom content on the DVD. Also when I choose a button, there is a box called "Enable WebLink for Flash" and it gives me a space to add a URL. Maybe I could write the path(I have no idea how I can do that) of the index.html inside the DVD. Maybe what I say is totally stupid...
Old September 29th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #5
Inner Circle

From the help documents on adobe.com - Adobe Encore CS5 * Add ROM content to the disc

"Add ROM content to the disc

Although most projects typically contain multimedia content organized for viewing, you can use the large capacity of DVDs and Blu‑ray discs to archive content or add supplemental content, such as related PDF files or software applications. You can include additional content on a typical video disc or you can create a ROM-only disc that contains only archived content (in other words, no menus or navigation).

ROM material is only available on personal computers. Furthermore, it’s only available from the desktop, not from the video content of a disc. You can specify a folder of additional ROM content to be added to the disc when Encore builds your project.

Note: Only the files and folders inside the folder are added to the disc, not the folder.
To specify the location of the ROM content to include with the project, do one of the following:
Choose File > Select DVD‑ROM Folder. Navigate to the folder containing the ROM files and click OK.
Choose Window > Build, select DVD from the Format menu, and in the DVD‑ROM Content section, click Browse. Navigate to the folder containing the ROM files and click OK. (This setting also applies to Blu‑ray projects.)
Choose File > Save to save the setting with your project.
Important: Even though the saved setting does not appear in the Blu‑ray Settings section in the Build panel, Encore still outputs the DVD‑ROM content with the project when you build a Blu‑ray disc, folder, or image".
Old September 29th, 2011, 11:47 PM   #6
New Boot

Exactly, no way to link a button with the DVD-ROM content. Encore cannot do this.
Ilias Papaioannou is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring