safe bit rate? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old October 9th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: safe bit rate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sareesh Sudhakaran View Post
The brands I have access to are very limited, and Sony hasn't let me down so far. I hope the 'original' Sony branded DVDs continue to have the same stringent QC as before.
I just picked up a spindle of the Sony-branded DVD-R. Unfortunately, this newer pack is not the same media as the Sony DVD-Rs of old: This pack is now just RiTEK-made media with RiTEK codes (in this case, RITEKF1) with the Sony label on them. The DVD+R, likewise, is coded RITEK F16. The SONY 16D1 and SONY D21 codes have now all but disappeared.

And I did try setting my main LG Blu-ray burner to burn at a labeled 1x speed in IMGburn. This one defaulted to a 4x write speed, and gave me a warning (on MCC 03RG20) that the burner supports burns only at 8x, 12x or 16x speed. I will try again with my other working burners.
Randall Leong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring