TMPGenc Menu Creation questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old February 14th, 2012, 03:10 AM   #1
Major Player

TMPGenc Menu Creation questions

Hey all. I am having a dickens of a time trying to get a DVD with multiple audio tracks to have a proper menu. If I use a totally automated menu creation in the wizard (i.e. using a template) I will get a link on track menu that takes you to the audio selection page. However, I can't do any editing to the template (all the pages have padlocks on them). So my first question, is whether there's a way to unlock the template once you select it so you can add your own graphics, etc.

If not, how do I get it to add the button that goes to the audio selection page to the menu? In the page settings there's no check box to add an audio selection button. Ideally I'd like a toggle without an extra page, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that with TMPGenc.

When I choose the menu items manually I can get the audio selection page to appear in the page list, but it appears without a link TO it. It has a RETURN button to take you back to the track menu, but no way to get to it, which seems screwy. I might be able to screencap the button and put my own text into it and import it as an item and create the link manually, but there has to be a better way doesn't there?

Maybe TMPGenc isn't meant to have that much flexibility.

I also have a more straightforward question. The project was shot, edited, and exported as a 24p project. Should I set TMPGenc to do the 3:2 pulldown on export, or should I let it convert it to 30p? Will it cause problems if the video is viewed in older DVD players? The audience for this disk is pretty varied and may have primitive equipment.

Thanks!!

JR
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring