is my film too short for dvd player to read? - Page 2 at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old September 9th, 2005, 11:17 PM   #16
Major Player
Originally Posted by Kevin McNerney

Also, related to using Vegas, when I rendered this one, I ended up with a .mv2 file instead of mpg. What's the difference? Or maybe this is a question for the Vegas board, but I mention it here in case it has relevance to my other problem.
The .mv2 file is video only. It should be accompanied by a file with the same name and the extension .wav.
It just means the video and sound are on separated files. But it is a normal procedure.
Benjamin Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2005, 12:38 PM   #17
New Boot
Update. Well, even burning at 2x (the slowest setting) the dvd-r still won't play in my neighbor's pioneer player, even though it plays fine in every other player I've tried.

Also discovered that rendering solid black after the credits only takes a faction of the time compared to rendering video.

And I solved the temp file error by freeing up more space on C drive, though I never did find exactly where these temp file folders were.

Thanks for all the advice and tips, I think I'm starting to get the hang of dvd burning now.
Kevin McNerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2005, 05:26 AM   #18
Try looking up that Pioneer here

Enter Pioneer and the model number or search through the results. Anything struck out means that a respondant could not get that media to work in that player. Light Grey either means not tested on inconclusive.
George Ellis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring