encore output DDP files for replication? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 1st, 2013, 07:58 PM   #1
Major Player

encore output DDP files for replication?

I'm looking for the latest into on out-puting DDP files onto a data DVD, and then sending that to a replication house. anyone know any details on quality or process? I looked on Adobe's user to user Encore board, and they don't have much.

thanks
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: encore output DDP files for replication?

Have never used the DDP files, and believe those needed to be supplied on tape. Please note that most replication houses will accept a standard DVD-R master now if that helps. Unless maybe you are needing to add encryption or something that necessitates DDP?

Thanks
Old February 4th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: encore output DDP files for replication?

I have sent a dual layer DVD to a duplication house as DDP 2.0 burned as data files using Roxio Toast. From what I understand they will not accept a dual-layer burned DVD as a master. While tape is optimal, the big replication houses will accept DDP files on DVD-R as DATA FILES. I've done this with DVD Studio Pro a few times, there's simply an option during the burn process to output to DDP as opposed to hard drive or disc. For example, would end up with a "Layer 0" and "Layer 1" folder for a dual layer disc. Burn those folders in their entirety to a DVD-R using a utility like Toast and send it as a DDP 2.0 data disc.

The bottom of this page was helpful to me: Preparing your master for replication

Here's some info about Encore, seems like there's an option just like DVDSP: Encore Help | Building the finished project

Keep in mind this info only applies to the replication houses I've used and YMMV concerning what other companies will or will not accept. Good luck!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring