Lacie burner w/ DVD SP 1.5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old September 23rd, 2005, 08:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Lacie burner w/ DVD SP 1.5

Hi there,

I am going to be using an external Lacie burner for the first time and was wondering if anyone can help me figure out whether or not the burner would work with DVD SP 1.5, which is not yet installed on my system since I'm expecting it to arrive in the next couple of days.

I hooked up the burner to my eMac (700MHz, NVIDIA GeForce2 MX, OS 10.2) and launched Apple System Profiler to check its specs:

Vendor ID: 53323
Unit SW version: 10483
Disc Burning: Not supported
Product name: Lacie 1394 DVD-R/RW+CD drive LUN 0
Product Identification: DVD-RW DVR-106D
Vendor Identification: PIONEER
Product Revision Level: 1.05

Does anyone know why "Disc Burning" is indicated as "Not Supported?" Also, it's not clear to me what the maximum write speeds are since the manual that came with the burner does not mention anything; however, given that this is a 106D drive, I'm guessing that the maximum write speed for -/+Rs is 4x, isn't it?

Thank you.

Last edited by Stylianos Moschapidakis; September 24th, 2005 at 05:36 AM.
Stylianos Moschapidakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2005, 10:43 PM   #2
ChorizoSmells

Stylianos,
I bought a LaCie dvd drive for my computer, it wouldn't work with DVD SP until I downloaded the drivers for that DVD drive and installed them on my G5. Go to this page here and download and install the driver for the DVD Drive that you bought. Once installed, check your system prolifer and it should read disc burning; supported.

http://www.lacie.com/support/drivers/index.htm

I am currently using DVD SP 3, it is a lot better and has more features than 1.5, if you can get a hold of a copy of DVD SP 3, I recommend that version over 1.5.

Let us know if you got the dvd drive to work.
Old September 28th, 2005, 01:53 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Rik, thank you for replying. The Lacie driver update doesn't work with my relatively "old" burner (2yo) and updating to DVDSP 3 is not an option at this moment. I will post back when the burner speaks to DVDSP.

Stylianos Moschapidakis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring