DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVD Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/)
-   -   DVD Architect Button Question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/56154-dvd-architect-button-question.html)

Scott Johnston December 16th, 2005 04:58 AM

DVD Architect Button Question

Is there anyway in DVD Architect, to get a moving image or video, inside one of the pre determined buttons that DVDA provides ?

Sorry bout the n00bness of the question.

Mike Kujbida December 16th, 2005 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Johnston
Is there anyway in DVD Architect, to get a moving image or video, inside one of the pre determined buttons that DVDA provides ?

DVDA 2:
Double click a short clip so it's on the menu page.
Select menu item. Button Properties - Graphics - Style. Change to Animated.
Thumbnail - select desired clip (default is the menu clip you put up).

DVDA 3:
Double click a short clip so it's on the menu page.
Select menu item. Thumbnail Properties - Style. Change to Animated.
Thumbnail Media - select desired clip (default is the menu clip you put up).

In 2 or 3, the "Start time" can be set as desired.
I think the default loop time is 15 sec. but I'm not sure how to change it.

Scott Johnston December 16th, 2005 05:59 AM

Thanks for the hasty response Mike, much appreciated, I got the video animated, now I am wondering, if I wanted for example the button with the red frame to surround my clip, is there anyway to make it automatically resize and fit in the window or, do I have to resize the button around the animated image ?

Mike Kujbida December 16th, 2005 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Johnston
... is there anyway to make it automatically resize and fit in the window or, do I have to resize the button around the animated image ?

All you have to do is click the sizing tool (next to the selection tool - you need to do this to be able to select the button mask only), click the mask and drag it to the desired size. Does this make sense?

Scott Johnston December 16th, 2005 05:16 PM

Unfortunately not, Sorry Mike.

The masking is putting me off...

Sorry about the trouble

Mike Kujbida December 16th, 2005 07:01 PM

No trouble at all Scott. Let's see if we can figure this out for you.
First of all, walk me through the steps you're taking to get to the point that you want to resize the button. To be specific, are you using the default theme? If not, which other one? My thinking is that if I know what "page" you're on, I can duplicate it here.
Also, which version of DVDA are you using? I've got 1, 2 & 3 on my machine so it's no big deal.

Scott Johnston December 17th, 2005 04:36 AM

Im using DVDA 2

Okay, so just say I have the animated image on the background by itself. I then say want to use the red window frame to fit perfectly around the moving image, so I move the red frame on top of the image and try to resize it, but it never fits around the mvoing image perfectly. It's the same if I try to put the moving image inside the red frame, I can't resize it to fit.

Mike Kujbida December 17th, 2005 08:04 AM

OK, let's try another approach.
Start a new project. The words Menu 1 should be over top of the default blue background and you should see "Menu 1 (Page 1)" in the Project Overview window on the left. Now go to the button menu and drag the red rectangle button (about 1/2 way down) up on the workspace. "1: Broken link" should now show in the Project Overview window. Don't worry about that. In the Compilation/Properties window on the right, select "Button Style - Thumbnail", browse to the desired file and select it. Now go done to "Style" and change this to "Animated". The video clip you just selected will now show up here.
If you want to resize the button, you need to select it only by clicking the "Sizing" tool at the top of the "Editing Toolbar" (right beside the "Selection Tool"). This highlights the button and underlying text. You need to click outside of this area to deselect everything and then select the button only. Now you should be able to resize it as desired.
Hopefully this answers your questions.

Scott Johnston December 17th, 2005 07:41 PM

Thanks Mike,

I did exactly what I needed to do

Thanks for helping me out