DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVD Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/)
-   -   DVD Arch 3.0c media end action? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/64303-dvd-arch-3-0c-media-end-action.html)

Heath Vinyard April 3rd, 2006 10:21 PM

DVD Arch 3.0c media end action?

Posted this on dvxuser, but maybe someone here can help me out.

Right now I have 11 media files in a single program list that are linked through 3 menus (3 buttons on each, 2 on last-each button links to a file). The files play fine, but when the media is finished, I'd like it to return to the last menu. Right now it cycles to the next media file in the list. I have tried setting the "END ACTION" to LINK and then to LAST MENU USED, but it's not working. Still proceeds to the next file.

Anyone have any ideas on this?
Thank you.

Don Bloom April 4th, 2006 04:45 AM

to make the end action work properly you need to open up the clip (double click on it is 1 way) and now when that clip shows up in the timeline you can set the end action of that clip to point to whereever you what it to go-other wise the software doesn't know which clip you're pointing to --you do this with very clip-open to DVDA timeline-END ACTION-point to action-DONE!

HTHs
Don

Heath Vinyard April 4th, 2006 02:32 PM

Thank you for the reply.
That is what I was doing. I tried both link and reverting back to the last used menu, and link and sending it to the menu name. Neither have worked yet.

Any more help would be great.

Don Bloom April 4th, 2006 03:20 PM

Hmmmm,
Something sounds strang. I do that all the time and just ran a test on it with a couple of clips and it worked. Opened clip onto timeline set the end action to link and the destination to the menu.
Let me think about this for a minute and I'll see if I can come up with anything for you.
Don

Heath Vinyard April 4th, 2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Bloom
Hmmmm,
Something sounds strang. I do that all the time and just ran a test on it with a couple of clips and it worked. Opened clip onto timeline set the end action to link and the destination to the menu.
Let me think about this for a minute and I'll see if I can come up with anything for you.
Don

Thank you Don.
I have all the linkes in one playlist, if that makes any difference. When I go to the playlist and double click a file, the end action appears as this:

Command-Link
Destination-Most recent menu
Destination Item-Start
Destination button-N/A
Set audio track-No change
Set subtitle track-No change
Set video angle-No change

I'm going to try different playlists for all and see what happens.

Heath Vinyard April 4th, 2006 06:36 PM

That did the trick. Each file needed to be in it's own playlist. Works for me. :)

Thanks for all the help, Don. Way cool of you.

Don Bloom April 4th, 2006 08:28 PM

No problem-I'll send the bill in the morning ;-o

Don