DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVD Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/)
-   -   DVD studio Pro 3 crashing! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/67180-dvd-studio-pro-3-crashing.html)

Vishal Gurung May 11th, 2006 06:03 PM

DVD studio Pro 3 crashing!

ok so i've done a project on DvDSP 3 and it keeps crashing! i think it's due to the number of tracks i have going.. approx 12 tracks.. it seems to work fine on the 1 track but when it hits the 12 track menu it crashes... i'd REALLY appreciate any help anyone could offer? pretty please with a canon XlH1 on top!

Craig Terott May 11th, 2006 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vishal Gurung
ok so i've done a project on DvDSP 3 and it keeps crashing! i think it's due to the number of tracks i have going.. approx 12 tracks.. it seems to work fine on the 1 track but when it hits the 12 track menu it crashes... i'd REALLY appreciate any help anyone could offer? pretty please with a canon XlH1 on top!

I had a similar problem with DVDSP3. Kept crashing. Crash after crash after crash. And I was getting pissed off. I troubleshooted for days.

As a last resort I pulled the 2 sticks of KINGSTON brand RAM out of my G5 and whada ya know. My crash happy DVDSP3 became a totally reliable program.

G5s no likey non Apple RAM.

Vishal Gurung May 11th, 2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Terott
I had a similar problem with DVDSP3. Kept crashing. Crash after crash after crash. And I was getting pissed off. I troubleshooted for days.

As a last resort I pulled the 2 sticks of KINGSTON brand RAM out of my G5 and whada ya know. My crash happy DVDSP3 became a totally reliable program.

G5s no likey non Apple RAM.

Egads! i certainly hope i won't have to resort to that.. It works fine when it's a single or double track project but it seems when it's multiple track, the darn thing just won't even Build! .. driving me yonkers i swear!!

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Vishal Gurung May 11th, 2006 10:56 PM

Desperately seeking suggestions- hopefully someone here can think of something? thanks in advance! :)

Sam Sutch May 11th, 2006 11:33 PM

How much RAM do you have in your system? What else do you have running at the same time? Are you pulling anything over the network?

-Sam

Vishal Gurung May 12th, 2006 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Sutch
How much RAM do you have in your system? What else do you have running at the same time? Are you pulling anything over the network?

-Sam

Have 1.5 gigs of ram- Didn't have anything else running @ the same time as i quit/restarted and tried it just by itself.. and no, nothing over the network

Vishal Gurung May 12th, 2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

Have 1.5 gigs of ram- Didn't have anything else running @ the same time as i quit/restarted and tried it just by itself.. and no, nothing over the network

ok gonna try another tact.. anyone in vancouver that i could contact whereby i could just come over with my files and help me build the dvd? :) i'll uh, buy ya some starbux!!

Craig Terott May 12th, 2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

1.5 gig of what RAM?

Vishal Gurung May 12th, 2006 07:47 PM

Quote:

1.5 gig of what RAM?

samsung if you're referring to the brand.. and i've never had trouble with them before at all..

Craig Terott May 12th, 2006 08:54 PM

Quote:

samsung if you're referring to the brand.. and i've never had trouble with them before at all..

I was defensive about the aftermarket RAM I put in my G5 too. I spent a lot of money on it and I potentially just wasted money. So I thought to myself ..aaahhh ...it HAS to be something else ...it must be software related ...it's got to be something else ...my other programs seem to run ok ...just DVDSP3 is crashing.

I started to fall behind on projects -trying to troubleshoot software to no avail. And in a fit of rage I yanked out that aftermarket RAM, BOOTED UP, AND THAT FAST - LIFE BEGAN ALL OVER AGAIN FOR MY G5. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Look bro... you never even said you had a G5, you never even said you had non-apple RAM until I brought it up... How did I guess those things? You only said DVDSP3 was crashing. The same problem I had... with a G5 and non-Apple RAM. Dude... G5's don't like non-apple RAM.

It don't take much to pull out some RAM and test. If it isn't the solution you can always plug it back in.

Vishal Gurung May 12th, 2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

I was defensive about the aftermarket RAM I put in my G5 too. I spent a lot of money on it and I potentially just wasted money. So I thought to myself ..aaahhh ...it HAS to be something else ...it must be software related ...it's got to be something else ...my other programs seem to run ok ...just DVDSP3 is crashing.

I started to fall behind on projects -trying to troubleshoot software to no avail. And in a fit of rage I yanked out that aftermarket RAM, BOOTED UP, AND THAT FAST - LIFE BEGAN ALL OVER AGAIN FOR MY G5. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Look bro... you never even said you had a G5, you never even said you had non-apple RAM until I brought it up... How did I guess those things? You only said DVDSP3 was crashing. The same problem I had... with a G5 and non-Apple RAM. Dude... G5's don't like non-apple RAM.

It don't take much to pull out some RAM and test. If it isn't the solution you can always plug it back in.

*nods* naw i hear ya, i wasn't being defensive, just seemed a bit odd to me how other programs were perfectly fine and DVDSP3 was buggin out on me.. didn't mean to come off as defensive or anything.. either way i'll give it a shot tonight and i'll report back here as to what happened. (think part of me doesn't wanna think about having to invest all that coin in apple ram hehe)