DVD Case Insert (PS Template)? at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old May 19th, 2006, 10:58 AM   #1
Regular Crew
DVD Case Insert (PS Template)?

Does anyone have a DVD Insert template (front/spine/back) for Photoshop that they would be willing to share?

Austin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 11:10 AM   #2
New Boot
I have recently started using prolabel (http://www.prolabel.com) for my labeling needs since they are the only ones I have found that offer any labels for minidv.

They have a lot of templates on their site. It would just depend on wether or not they are compatible with your labels.
William Potter

New Lenox IL
William Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #3
Inner Circle
If you have Photoshop it is very easy to make a template. Cases come in different sizes so my template may not work with your cases.
If you open PS and set up a NEW project (I use a white background) then set up the GUIDES per the dimensions of your cases. I set my template up with an 8X10 size since thats the size of the paper I use and I set my guidelines accordingly - that gives me the useable area for the front and back covers as well as the spline. I keep everything to the TOP of the page (thats a guideline) and then a guide at the proper measurements for the front to the spline and from the spline to the other edge for the back cover.

Guides are under VIEW>New Guides then you can set them to be horizontial or vertical and you can set a measurement to place it OR you can just grab it and move it.

Don Bloom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring