DVD Artwork at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 6th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #1
Major Player

DVD Artwork

Alright I'm putting this one in the open. I haven't seen any artwork at all here on the forum since I joined. I'm looking for you to tear this apart and help me to push my creativity. Thanks for taking the time and commenting.
Monday

Compression is absolutely terrible but you get the idea.

Last edited by Monday Isa; June 7th, 2006 at 02:42 PM.
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 10:23 PM   #2
Regular Crew

You know your client better than anyone here, but personally I would flop what you have and put the front photo on the back. But I like to make my front cover endearing, your client may want a fun cover.

What about a title?
David Avedikian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 04:33 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks David for your input. Actually I was thinking that the proper way would be to switch both the pictures. I did keep it this way as you hit a great point. This was a Quinceanera, and the young girl was just totally fun, and I felt that this way specifically would reflect kind of her character. Also she really loves all her friends, and they all were just out of control. That's why I did it that way. For a Title, for some reason I don't know what a proper title would be that's not to cheesy for this event. Input? Thanks again

Monday

Keep tearing this up, I love the input.
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 08:19 AM   #4
Inner Circle

u know i think simple works best...

maybe some edge framing on the imagery, one main photo on the front with a strip of smaller stills running down the side... also include a scene selection index as well as your company logo and any technical info that may be required, such as duration number of discs, audio format, video formats etc etc

as for titles, i only use names.. i never use "the wedding of" or 'our journey" or "our special day" thats just cheesy IMO..
stick to names and the date.. they will know what it is.. theres no need to tackify somethign that doesnt need to be.. as for quinewhatevers i still think just using the persons name and the date of the event for the front, then maybe a short blrub at the back would be best. But thats me..

Idont knwow hat the grey blurs around the main pic on the front are about, but i agree with daves suggestion of using the back image on teh front.. it carries much more of an impact, and on the back, u can go nuts with the fun and fruity flavours of the night.. but the front should really stand out and that shot is just gold.. so dont let it go to waste...
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 09:05 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Peter,
You and David both gave great points. Thanks for the input on scene selection index, didn't think about that. The gray blurs was just a soft edge, wanted to see how it would look, once printed. Thanks for the input
Monday Isa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring