DVD audio for CD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 8th, 2006, 03:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD audio for CD

I need help, I need to take a couple of DVD's from my church (these are non-copyright church services) and pull the audio off of them to burn onto a CD. I know how to burn a CD if I can get .mp3 or .aiff audio. Could some one reccomend any program that would help me? I do not have a budget to buy any programs so this would have to be a freeware program. I am running 10.3.9 Mac OS X. Any help would be great. Thanks, John Christensen.

P.S. I need to have this working by Sunday at the max. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks!
John Christensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 03:17 PM   #2
Major Player

one way to do it is to download handbrake for os x then rip each dvd to your hard drive using the lowest quality video settings then open them up in Quicktime and export the audio to aiff and burn in iTunes. there may be a quicker way to rip just audio I'm not sure.
Old June 8th, 2006, 03:25 PM   #3
Regular Crew

You can also try MPEG Streamclip its free and can be found at
http://www.alfanet.lt/squared5
Lorne Mathre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 07:31 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Many Thanks, I used Handbreak to rip the DVD files and then MPEG Streamclip to convert them. Thank you SO much. John Christensen
John Christensen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring