burn DVD from folder created by premier at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 15th, 2006, 05:28 AM   #1
New Boot

burn DVD from folder created by premier

How can you burn a DVD from a folder created by premier elements 2.0? The folder contains a video_ts folder, but also a "sources" folder. I don't want to have to render from scratch every time I create a DVD, but instead want to create an image, and then burn multiple discs.

thanks,
Ed
Ed Langone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 07:16 AM   #2
Trustee

The only folder you really need on a DVD is the video_ts folder. Have you tried burning that one folder to a DVD with your burning application?
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 03:46 PM   #3
New Boot

not yet, but I will try that. What is the extra stuff that Prem. puts in that other folder?

And thanks, by the way, for all your help and answers earlier in the week!!

Ed
Old June 15th, 2006, 03:47 PM   #4
New Boot

by the way, I was using DVD Architect before for burning. Is there a preferred application to burn DVDs with Premier?

Ed
Old June 15th, 2006, 03:55 PM   #5
Inner Circle

You may prefer burning your finalized project to an .avi type (DV) in Premiere, and then using that as you source file in DVD Architect, where DVD Architect will convert it to the necessary DVD files structures. For some reason, DVD Architect seems to produce a nicer DVD render for me. Obviously, my settings in Premiere are probably adjustable, and I just haven't looked for the way to do it.
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:45 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Langone
not yet, but I will try that. What is the extra stuff that Prem. puts in that other folder?
Honestly, I don't know. What I do know is that the video_ts folder is all you need.

Quote:
And thanks, by the way, for all your help and answers earlier in the week!!

Ed
You're welcome! Always glad to help out.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:55 PM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
by the way, I was using DVD Architect before for burning. Is there a preferred application to burn DVDs with Premier?

Ed
If it is just the video_ts folder you need to burn, any CD/DVD burning application like Nero or Roxio can do it. In fact, I know that Nero includes a special mode just for that purpose. For that matter, there's even a handy free utility called ImgBurn that uses the Nero burning engine burn video_ts folders to DVD. It installs itself in the Windows context menu, which makes it extremely easy to burn DVD folders.

As Chris pointed out, the other option is to export an avi and then let DVD Architect transcode it for you. Or, you can use the route I've traditionally gone, which is to export an MPEG-2 video file (along with a PCM audio file), and then import that into my DVD authoring program. My DVD authoring program simply leaves the imported MPEG-2 file alone, and transcodes my PCM audio file to Dolby Digital (AC3). This option avoids the extra time involved with exporting an avi file and then having your DVD authoring program encode that to MPEG-2. You can export an MPEG-2 file using the Adobe Media Encoder inside Premiere Pro.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring