DVD Players at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 8th, 2003, 10:35 AM   #1
New Boot

DVD Players

Greetings

May I use this forum for advice on DVD player functionality and if not could someone show me a forum where I can.

Many thanks

Regards

Paul Swires ( South Africa )
Paul Swires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2003, 10:40 AM   #2
Warden

DV Info does not have a specific forum for DVD and related concerns at this time. Until one is established, please feel free to post any questions here. I do some DVD work with Macs and DVD Studio Pro. I'm sure members will chime in with additional information for you.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2003, 12:15 PM   #3
Thomas Mitchell

New to DVD Burning

I did a search on DVD burning and turned up some stuff, but nothing that really helps a newbie. I haven't bought a DVD burner yet, but am thinking about the Sony that does multiple formats.

Mt first question is if different DVD players play different formats, then how come you can walk into a store and buy a DVD off the shelf and it will play in any DVD player?

Does anyone have links to good articles on explaining the process of burning to DVD? I'm wanting to tranfer VHS to DVD and am looking at what equipment would be needed and the like.
Old March 8th, 2003, 12:32 PM   #4
Warden

Commercial DVD's are not burned on single units or even small multi-unit burners. Commercial discs are pressed.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2003, 12:37 PM   #5
Major Player

You'll find a few strings on DVD burning in the Post Production portion of this board. There are also some recent strings over in the LA FCPUG forum: http://www.lafcpug.org/phorum/list.php?f=1

Just do a search.

There is also a lot of DVD info at: http://www.recipe4dvd.com

Some if it's pretty technical, but you can subsribe to their reflector and weed-out what you don't want.
Old March 9th, 2003, 01:09 PM   #6
Outer Circle

Just to add, if you want a good player, check out the multi-stystem/multi-regional code players.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2003, 06:36 AM   #7
Major Player

you can find more info on www.dvdrhelp.com (It used to be www.vcdhelp.com)
Cosmin Rotaru is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring