MP4 to DVD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 16th, 2006, 08:13 AM   #1
New Boot

MP4 to DVD

Hi everybody,
I already posted on this subject...
How do you create DVD's out of your MP4 HD footage?
If i try to create PAL DVD's, the different FPS (30 for MP4/AVI and 25 for the PAL) creates very annoying "jumps" in the movie.
I succeeded doing NTSC DVD's, but i loose resolution (720*480 compared to 720*576).
Tried with MovieFactory 5 SE (comes with HD1A), MovieFactory 5 Plus and Video Studio 10 (all from Ulead).
Thanks in advance for your expert advice,
Mircea
Mircea Crutescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 06:49 PM   #2
Regular Crew

It can be done, but you'll be taking on some serious compromises. If you transcode the video, you can change the 30 fps to 25fps, but most frames will contain a fraction of another. This will look fine in playback, but you won't be able to freeze your frames or do much post processing to the DVD in the future. You'd have to keep every important video in raw mode to accomodate future edits.

I personally would invest in a 30fps player and allow the conversion to happen in your player or TV (or aviod it entirely with a dual-mode television. Any of these options allow you to keep your native video in a format that maximizes future capabilities. You'll still be able to watch on your TV. As a side-note, you'll also be reducing the steps in your video production process. With NTSC DVDs starting at $30, I don't think it's worth the sacrifice a conversion to PAL entails.
Chris Wells is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring