What's your DVD brand of choice for authoring? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 1st, 2003, 08:10 AM   #1
Major Player

What's your DVD brand of choice for authoring?

Looking to see what everyone uses and hopefully get a consensus on compatability. I've read different articals about it. It's one thing to look at statistics on a report, but I'm curious about what 'real world' brand conscience folks are dedicated to using.
Mark Argerake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2003, 07:17 PM   #2
Warden

Are you wanting to know about Authoring Media or General Media? There is a difference.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2003, 08:38 PM   #3
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Jeff Donald : Are you wanting to know about Authoring Media or General Media? There is a difference. -->>>

Authoring Media -- > I need to pull together video, audio, menus, buttons, sequences and chapters onto a master which can be sent for duplication.
Old April 3rd, 2003, 07:36 AM   #4
Warden

If you have a Pioneer DVR-S201 or DVR-S101 I would recommend the Pioneer Authoring Media. I've also heard good things about the Maxell and Verbatim Authoring Media. Authoring Media will not burn in a regular burner.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old April 3rd, 2003, 08:10 AM   #5
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Jeff Donald : If you have a Pioneer DVR-S201 or DVR-S101 I would recommend the Pioneer Authoring Media. I've also heard good things about the Maxell and Verbatim Authoring Media. Authoring Media will not burn in a regular burner. -->>>

Well there's bad news --- I guess my Superdrive isn't gonna do what I thought it would. So am I really going to have to upgrae to a new burner in order to crank out a master? That's depressing....
Old April 3rd, 2003, 08:26 AM   #6
Warden

I think your just confusing terms and your OK. I use a regular SuperDrive to [/]author[/i] DVD's. I use DVD SP to create menus, and bring the media all together. This type of work can be done on the SuperDrive using DVD-R General Media (I use Apple or Maxell brand). If you need many copies you may need to find a replicator that is familiar with working from DVD-R General Media. General Media is less compatible than Authoring Media. However, the burners are 1/10 the price of authoring burners.

The DVD FAQ site might help you get up to speed. If you have any questions, post back after reading the FAQ and I'll try to help.

Old April 4th, 2003, 08:37 AM   #7
Major Player

Jeff that link is excellent. Thank you very much.
Mark Argerake is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring