Uncompressed DVD -is it possible?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 31st, 2007, 11:05 AM   #1
Major Player

Uncompressed DVD -is it possible??

I have an HDV1080i60 video, and I need to install (project) and loop it soon. It will play from a Mac Mini. I don't know the best type of file to play from(?) But as a backup I'll make an HDV DVD with DVD studio pro. Since I can copy the Video-TS to the Mac instead of playing from a dvd, do I have an option for higher quality? Are DVD's compressed just so they can play from a disk?
I have DVD studio pro, is there any way to avoid compression?
Thank you!
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 08:51 PM   #2
Trustee

render to raw format?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric Mannion
I have an HDV1080i60 video, and I need to install (project) and loop it soon. It will play from a Mac Mini. I don't know the best type of file to play from(?) But as a backup I'll make an HDV DVD with DVD studio pro. Since I can copy the Video-TS to the Mac instead of playing from a dvd, do I have an option for higher quality? Are DVD's compressed just so they can play from a disk?
I have DVD studio pro, is there any way to avoid compression?
Thank you!
Can you render to a raw AVI / MOV format that is not compressed at all? This would be playable only on a computer since DVD or HD-DVD / BlueRay can't use those as movie discs (possibly just as a data disc).

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring