Ending the Epson DVD Printer Push-Pull Problems - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 29th, 2007, 09:30 AM   #16
Major Player

Bravo SE Only one cartridge!

I am tired of feeding one by one, hour after hour with my Epson 220's. BUT it is sad that the Primera Bravo SE has the old style ink in one cartridge system. I guess I keep looking and waiting. Maybe Epson will make as bulk printer.
Greg Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:56 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Clark View Post
I am tired of feeding one by one, hour after hour with my Epson 220's. BUT it is sad that the Primera Bravo SE has the old style ink in one cartridge system. I guess I keep looking and waiting. Maybe Epson will make a bulk printer.
Wow, it's like you've read my mind.
Old May 29th, 2007, 06:50 PM   #18
Stembridge

BTW... I still have the problem...
I have ordered a Bravo Pro though; so the ol' Epsons will be used for other things now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stembridge View Post
Hi Mike, thanks so much for doing what I've thought was hopeless!
I use 3 r200s as well...

NOW, if we could just firgure out a way to spool 1 disc to several r200 printers at the same time....!

Thanks! David
Old July 8th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #19
Regular Crew

This thread seems to be inactive currently, but just in case people are looking for other solutions...
I have an R300 and an R340, and was suffering the "push problem" - misfeeds etc.
I stumbled across a redesigned tray - one with hard, tapered tabs along the leading edge instead of the thin flexible clear plastic tabs.
Bought one last August (2006) and feeds have been almost faultless (wish I could say the same thing about the 340 itself, but that's another topic...)
Anyhoo- the only site I KNOW of where you can pick up these trays ($US6.99) is compass Micro in Portland, Oregon.
http://www.compassmicro.com/partsdet...648&backpage=1
Part no. is 1429662

When I did my research (aug2006), www.amscomputers.co.uk also carried them, but their web site is too annoying to use now, so I didn't search too deeply.
Hope this info helps someone...
Reg Gothard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 10:33 PM   #20
Major Player

God bless you Mike! I'll try it. I thought I was doing something wrong all this time, or was forgetting something. I hope Epson learns about this for future models.

-Dana
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:18 AM   #21
Trustee

Sorry folks - bought the newly designed tray, same story.

Slightly less stumbling, but in general the same - you need to babysit it to make sure you give it a push when the printer can't pull the tray in on its own.

So no, this new tray does not fix the problem.
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:35 AM   #22
Major Player

Has anybody tried these trays from eBay?
Old May 2nd, 2008, 08:21 AM   #23
Major Player

I have used the trays with the two tabs and they work much better. I am an Epson junkie and have every variety of Epson up to the 595. The trays with the plastic strip on one end are garbage.
I am still wishing for Epson to make a printer that takes more than one DVD to use with their multi cartridges.
Greg Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 08:18 PM   #24
Regular Crew

I had this problem both with my old R200 and my current R260, but found another workaround that works (for me) 100% of the time. Apparently, in my case, the problem was caused by the angle of the tray (the outside end was slightly too low. So, I simply wedge something under the dropdown piece to raise is VERY slightly. After that the tray goes in and out all by itself.

If you don't want to mess with the sanding trick, you might want to try this. Hope it helps someone.
Jim Day is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring