DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVD Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/)
-   -   DVD Software (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/89444-dvd-software.html)

Richard Zlamany March 20th, 2007 05:12 PM

DVD Software

Hi, is there DVD software that can animate buttons on a video backround for a dvd menu?

DVD Architect 4 can animate buttons, but can not animate buttons on a video backround.

Can Adobe DVD Encore 2 do this?

Can any DVD software do this?

Richard Zlamany March 26th, 2007 09:11 PM

Does anybody animate buttons on their DVD menus?

Hengky Chiok March 27th, 2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Zlamany (Post 645167)
Hi, is there DVD software that can animate buttons on a video backround for a dvd menu?

DVD Architect 4 can animate buttons, but can not animate buttons on a video backround.

DVDA 4 DO animate buttons on video background. On Media Style, choose Animate instead of Still and you will see the buttons animate.

Richard Zlamany March 27th, 2007 11:21 AM

Thank you for replying.

Please let me clarify. What I mean by animate is have the buttons fly in onto the menu screen, not video playing inside the buttons.

Is this what you mean?

What I really want is the buttons to fade onto the menu screen with a video playing in the backround for a menu screen.

Is this possible in DVDA4?

Chuck Wall March 27th, 2007 09:29 PM

I think that you need to create a video with that effect (menu flying in), make a mpeg2 file with a separate audio track from that then add a highlight that overlays the video based menu.

Chuck

Richard Zlamany March 28th, 2007 01:36 AM

Thanks, I'll try that.

Maybe I should look into DVD-Lab Pro 2. It may be more powerful than DVDA and Encore.

Grant Harrington March 28th, 2007 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Zlamany (Post 645167)

The programs you mention sound like you are working on a Windows platform, but DVD Studio Pro on the Mac should be able to do this. If you are asking about a button that you can create that is animated on the menu, and not just a video playing as a button that you press and then I believe DVD Studio Pro from Apple can do this. I think the term they use is Motion Menu. You could use the program Motion that comes with Final Cut Studio to create them.

Grant

Richard Zlamany March 30th, 2007 01:43 PM

Thank you for the responses. I thought I was never going to figure this one out.

I was finally able to do fading in buttons on my menu with DVDA 4. The Crop and Adjust tool has an alpha slider that can be keyframed. The other parts of the animation were done in the video used for the backround of the menu to give the illusion of motion in the menu.