24p project to PAL DVD Audio issues -synch error at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 7th, 2007, 06:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

24p project to PAL DVD Audio issues -synch error

Hi everyone,
This is a great forum that I have been using for quite a while now! However I can't seem to find a solution to my issue!

Basically I shot a music video in 24p, did the editing in Premiere Pro w/ Cineform, (I used the music as baseline for synching the lips) imported the project in After Effects did some CC and exported the file as a 25p PAL project (.avi) from AE
I encoded the file in Encore DVD and there I get some issues on the audio.

I have "hisses" and speed up and down when reading the DVD! So basically the music has changed completely. I would think that the issue came from export from 24 to 25.

However when I exported the project directly from Premiere Pro using the cineform codec in Encore DVD I didn;t get any change in the music!
What should I do? Is the audio file affected by the rate change? I really don;t understand!

I guess I am not the first one to face this issue!
Simon Heymans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring