I need a recomendation for DVD duplication. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 18th, 2003, 11:25 AM   #1
Regular Crew

I need a recomendation for DVD duplication.

I have a DVD created in Final Cut Pro exported to iDVD and burnt on a DVD-R. I need 100 copies or so made with cases. There are so many DVD duplicator outfits out and I want to make sure I choose a reportable oufilt before I put my name on it.

Have any of you mass duplicated DVD's and if so, who do you recomend?

I have a deadline by June 3rd so I need some direction soon...

Has anyone ever used CDROM2GO.com?

Thanks

Joe
Joe Cirino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 11:55 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Cheat

What I would do is this. Make 3 local copies.

Now send one each of those three to the three companies you like.

Compare quality of discs & video.

No one sends one disk to one company to copy one disk. You tell them you want a sample.

Just an idea. Reputable companies will provide you with a sample of the product. They may not provide the "complete" video, but will cut it to show you their quauilty.

For instance, I used a Sony camera, then Panasonic then I used a Canon before I purchased the XL-1S's.

And, something else, you might find someone in your local phone book that is reliable.

evc@starband.net
Bob Deming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 01:14 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Bob for your reply, although I have a time frame and most of these outfits are calling for a week minimum for output. I simply dont have the time to do this... I will not know for sure how many orders I will need until the 21st of May. This is why I asked if anyone had expirence with DVD duplicator outfits...

Thanks again,

Anyone else?
Joe Cirino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 08:58 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Check out NoFrillsDVD (www.nofrillsdvd.com) in South Boston. I used them on a project a few months ago and found them very helpful and easy to work with. They can also do short runs.
Richard DuPree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 11:38 AM   #5
Major Player

I haven't used them yet, but I did talk to them as I was doing research and was impressed. They'll pretty much do anything you want, including short run DVD-R with disc printing. Their prices are competitive. They will accept a master on DVD-R general media. They have a number of locations.

Check them out at www.discmakers.com.
Will Fastie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring